Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gearne G advernute boots

Go down 
+2
Gath3r13
rarepartbuilder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

Gearne G advernute boots Empty
PostSubject: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:51 pm

So I've been looking at these boots all winter. They retail for $279 and been hovering around $236 all winter. Bike Bandit now has them for $189 and I don't think I will find them cheaper. Does anyone have experience with this boot? Did a search and found the oiled ones kinda look the same. Had a pair of Tech 3's and hated them. I cant stand motocross boots and HAVE to be able to walk-bend ankles. Any comments?
Gearne G advernute boots 2011-g10
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:15 am

MC D.. don’t know about the boots you are looking at but the ratings compare them to sneaker comfort thumb I was surprised to see that the boots have no insulation mention.. then again i ride until winter hits so it may not be an issue for you.
{ vendor site says Gaerne G-Adventure Boots padded } dunno

I use similar {ATV boots } so that i can walk/hike in them in the event i would break down riding solo ..miles from travelled roads or cell tower signal.
Some don’t care for the maintenance that much leather requires.. but i keep the silicone spray beside the chain lube and just treat the boots and bike chain needs religiously at the same time. To me the trade off for something that can form to your foot is worth it.

Best of luck.. looking forward to your impression of these boots if you pull the trigger as my three year old ATV's are on their last season.

Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:22 pm

I have lots of insulated boots. These will be specifically for summer use on fire roads, atv trails and single track. Think there the best bang for mt buck. bannana
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:16 pm

They look good.

I did take a header over my handlebars last season and the bike landed on my legs. Mid boot probably. I really thought I broker 1 or both legs. It frigging hurt. I am convinced that the hard plastic of My Gearne G-Reacts prevented any significant damage to my bones. That would be my only concern.

My .02
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Now there back to $237 baldy baldy baldy topes topes
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Pulled the trigger, bought the boots. They are not as good of quality as I thought. I expected more from a Italian made boot. The buckles are cheap and leather feels thin. I can deff. bend ankles and walk like hiking boots. No way near the quality of my Alpinestars except now I can shift and use my brake lever. Took one ride today and all was good. Will try again tomorrow and post more as they break in.
Back to top Go down
Leo167

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:57 pm

Sounds like they are already broken in...
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:57 am

Like I said the leather feels thin and no insulation. They are like wearing hiking boots comfort. They run a little narrow it seams but fitting nice now. Im happy with them.
Back to top Go down
jgach

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Just thought I would post my experience here.  I bought the Gearne G Adventure Boots, because they seemed more directed to cycling than the steel toe leather boots I had been wearing.  Then I, lost focus, hit a rock and went head over handlebars.  Bike landed on my foot and I broke my ankle and two metatarsals.  I don't blame the boot, but I do think a motocross boot would have better protected for this impact.  These boots have decent abrasion but little impact protection.  I'm looking for something that will provide this, but still provide a good feel for braking and shifting over a 8 hour Forest Ride.
Back to top Go down
Elm

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:46 am

Update on these boots. I've had them for a couple of years now. Were waterproof for a few months but walking has broken the membrane I guess. One started leaking & now last weekend in deluge. both boots full of water. So the waterproofing doesn't last. Also the velcro stitching has separated from the top tab. These boots are still in good shape otherwise and extremely comfortable. No issues with the plastic catches either so excellent dry weather boots now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gearne G advernute boots   Gearne G advernute boots Empty

Back to top Go down

Gearne G advernute boots
Page 1 of 1