Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly

Go down 
+6
05cr125r
beer goggle
13dhex
Caldsy
Gath3r13
Fly man
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fly man

Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly Empty
PostSubject: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:32 pm

I bet many of us here have had many bikes over the years.
Some we do not miss at all.
Some we miss a bit maybe.
But likely a bike, or 2, or 3, that you still wish you had never sold.
I have regrets from selling a few.
First is likely my Honda vfr800......Oh I so never should have sold it.
At the time the big shiny new gixxer1k I replaced it with attracted me.
But it was only about 2 weeks into owning it I wished I had kept my beloved Viffer.

Bike 2 was my cr500.
Damn I miss that bike!
On my list of things to buy when I win a lottery is an old used cr500 and restore her.

So lets hear yours.
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:09 am

My 1985 YZ 50 - This thing scared the shit out of me when I was 10. Thing would flip my father when it hit the power band. I wish I had it to scare my 10 year old.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:25 pm

[img]Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly 6_13410[/img]

I miss this girl dearly cry should never have sold it.
Back to top Go down
Fly man

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:35 pm

My bff rides an r6 and yes they are great.
Back to top Go down
13dhex

13dhex

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly 10247322_10152142933806849_2493990085551443755_n

The only picture that survives of my first bike: 2000 Honda XR650L that had a slow 3 year transformation from stock to Supermoto.  I sold it to pay off my FZ-09....but I miss it...a lot
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Not mine, don't have access to my pics, but identical bar the exhaust...mine had a Scorpion zorst.

I present to you, the Honda VFR400 NC30...

Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly Z39

why the feck did I ever sell mine??! GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
05cr125r

05cr125r

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:11 pm

my 1996 XR250R....awesome bike
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:20 am

I miss my DR650, which I finally had set up to where I wanted it. I got recently got rid of R1200GSA, which I already know that I'm going to miss.

Out of all the others, the only one I really don't look back fondly on is a Suzuki M50. Nothing wrong with the bike, just totally not for me.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm

My 99 kx250 with revalved suspension and a recluse auto clutch, super easy to ride nasty trails on and really fast when you opened it up thumb

I miss this bike every time I ride on the local beach, it would float the front tire and fly on the sand and the wrr wont, it'll go kinda fast but just isn't the same.

My gasgas 250 was close to the kx but didn't have near as good suspension.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:08 am

Often wish I had not sold my '81 XT500.
Used the money to buy a brand new '84 TT600... which got stolen after a very short time getting to know her.
Miss them both. Miss them both.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:56 am

I kind of wish I had my 1958 Harley Panhead back, and I also had a couple of nice Triumph`s in the 60`s I would have back, the Trumpets had right hand foot shift, and the Harley had a hand shift on the tank hahaha
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:08 pm

My Ural has a hand shifter. Not very useful, but looks cool. Fun letting the passenger flog the gears though woohoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly   Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike(s) you sold and still miss dearly
Page 1 of 1