Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Back Injury

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lancek

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Back Injury   Back Injury EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Managed over the years of playing Aussie Rules football, surfing, kitesurfing and now riding the WRR (well the falling off bit actually) to push some of the fluid in one of my Vertebrae (L5) into the cavity where the sciatic nerve runs.

I have had a root sleeve a week ago and apparently they take 2-3 weeks to work - although it is just a strong shot of an anti inflammatory. Other option is surgery to remove the bit of escaped fluid and then start looking after the body some more, including loosing a good 20kgs of mass and getting fitter and stronger especially around the core.

Anyone been through similar and what have you done to aleviate the issue?

Time off the bike and in bed really bites, but it has given me a good chance to refocus and work on the bits of broken bike that I should have done ages ago!

Cheers
Lance
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:06 am

lancek wrote:
Anyone been through similar and what have you done to aleviate the issue?
Slightly similar.

1. Lose all the weight. Besides, diabetes really sucks.
  2. Yoga
I thought the Yoga bit was a joke. Until my physio - who used to be the team physio to the Vancouver Canucks - told me that Yoga is almost mandatory with older pro hockey players whose injuries are catching up with them. Tried it. Works. For me, anyways. If I was younger, gawking at all the women might make it even enjoyable. Now I can't even remember who ties up who first and who wears the Porky Pig mask...
Back to top Go down

Back Injury
Page 1 of 1