Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WRR978

DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start! Empty
PostSubject: DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start!   DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Hello,

So I'm having a nightmare of a time with the DRC kit. Not happy with it at all.

The instructions say to connect the blue wire (motorcycle) to the yellow wire (kit) for the tail light but there is no yellow on the kit. The wires (5 total) that are there are colored Blue, Red, Black, Orange, White. No Yellow.

The instructions also say to connect the yellow (motorcycle) to the red (kit) for the brake light. I did this, and it worked but not properly. When pressing the brake the light would do that scan thing, which it's supposed to do when the bike is turned on, not when the brake is applied. Correct?

Anyway, I switched the wires in an attempt to get the tail light to work. Didn't work. Switched back and now the tail/brake light isn't working at all. Nor is the headlight or the front signals. Or the gauge cluster... and it won't start. Only the rear signals (drc leds) are working.

I did disconnect the battery like the instructions said to do, but had to keep reconnecting it to test the wires in an attempt to find out which is which. I'm assuming that I may have fried something, but wouldn't that mean no lights would work? Like I said the rear signals work, and I can hear the pump (or whatever the hell it is) when I turn the key to on.

I've tried to explain things as best as I can at the moment.

Any ideas?

By the way, the bike is a 2014 WR250R.

Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start!   DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 4:42 pm

You blew a fuse they're behind the left tank shroud.
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start!   DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start!   DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 5:19 pm

WRXZ wrote:

He's right its very common. Also check your plugs if it blows again.
Back to top Go down
WRR978

PostSubject: Re: DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start!   DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Thank you, WRXZ and speersie.

Just a fuse? Here I am thinking I fried the whole electrical system... Rolling Eyes

I shall try again tomorrow, hopefully with better results.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start!   DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start! Empty

Back to top Go down

DRC Edge 2 Install - Now Bike Won't Start!
Page 1 of 1