Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Wheel Alignment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BCRider

Rear Wheel Alignment Empty
PostSubject: Rear Wheel Alignment   Rear Wheel Alignment EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:45 am

Morning all,
Dumb question to start the day off with...
I replaced the rear tire and now I'm putting back on bike.
How do I test to see if I've got the wheel properly aligned when I'm tightening down the axle nut? Is it as simple as lining up the markings to be the same on both sides?
I keep spinning the wheel to see if I can see wobble, but I'm afraid I don't have a good eye for that, especially with the knobs.
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Alignment   Rear Wheel Alignment EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:09 pm

BCRider wrote:
Morning all,
Dumb question to start the day off with...
I replaced the rear tire and now I'm putting back on bike.
How do I test to see if I've got the wheel properly aligned when I'm tightening down the axle nut? Is it as simple as lining up the markings to be the same on both sides?
I keep spinning the wheel to see if I can see wobble, but I'm afraid I don't have a good eye for that, especially with the knobs.

Misalignment will not cause the wheel to wobble. I measure from the center of the swingarm shaft to the center of the axle making sure it is equal on both sides.
Back to top Go down
waltermitty

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Alignment   Rear Wheel Alignment EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Marks will get you close. For accurate alignment do some research on "string method".
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Alignment   Rear Wheel Alignment EmptySat May 16, 2015 8:47 am

What's MOST important IMHO is making sure sprockets and chain are aligned with each other.

I put bike on center stand, crouch down behind bike with transmission in neutral, and spin spin spin the rear tire while looking down the length of the chain between the two sprockets.

If chain is not freely flowing in a straight and unimpeded manner I know something is not correct with my axle alignment.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Alignment   Rear Wheel Alignment EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:35 am

Very simple guys, the rear sprocket should be running down the center of the chain. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Alignment   Rear Wheel Alignment EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Thanks for the responses fellas... think I got it sorted after spinning and spinning and watching to see the rear sprocket running evenly in the center of chain, as well as measured from center of axle.
I'm afraid string method is well over my head baldy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Alignment   Rear Wheel Alignment Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Wheel Alignment
Page 1 of 1