Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 
 

 New member from NJ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Werloc

avatar


PostSubject: New member from NJ   Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Just wanted to say hello. I'm new to this forum, but not to forums, or riding. I've been riding my whole life since age 6, and I'm 52 now. I currently have a Yamaha TW200 that I'm selling for a WR. I bought the TW last Fall due to it having a low seat hight of 31" due to my bad back and right leg. Well, since then, back is getting better, and the TW just doesn't cut it. A few of my riding buddies have WR's. Love the bike. 95% of my riding is in the NJ Pine Barrens. First thing I'll need is a lowering link for the rear to drop it a bit. I've read that between the link, and factory adjustment, I can drop the seat hight about 2". I don't have a WR yet, but in the meantime, I'm here to do my homework and learn about the bike. I'll be buying used.

Bob....:)
Back to top Go down
Prime

avatar


PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Hey buddy, good to see you here. I'm doing the same... Information gathering.

How's the TW sale going? List it yet?
Back to top Go down
Werloc

avatar


PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Haha, cool Travis. When are you planning to get one? We aren't going to compete for the same bikes are we? I'm listing my bike tomorrow or Saturday. I was cleaning a few guns I'm selling. Looking for maybe a new bike or 2014 with low miles.
Back to top Go down
Prime

avatar


PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:10 am

Werloc wrote:
Haha, cool Travis. When are you planning to get one? We aren't going to compete for the same bikes are we? I'm listing my bike tomorrow or Saturday. I was cleaning a few guns I'm selling. Looking for maybe a new bike or 2014 with low miles.

Hahaha no no, I'm a little ways off from buying. Might look for a new one over the winter if I can find the right deal. We'll see. My TW is definitely worth a lot less than yours too.

Let me know when you list yours for sale, I'll spread the word.
Back to top Go down
Werloc

avatar


PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:33 am

Travis, yeah, cool man. That would suck. Yeah, You going to sell your CR too? I don't think you'll ride it if you had a WR. I'm going to list my bike tomorrow. Yeah, I'll send ya the link for sure. So I won't be riding until I have a new bike. So no Thursdays in the Pines for a while. To much of a pain to keep my bike as clean as it is now. I hope this only takes a month or less to do. I got my eye on 3 WR's right now around $5,000. Keep your fingers crossed..... I also talked my wife into converting the camper into a trailer for the bikes. This way we can do some out of state group rides once in a while. It's big enough to fit 4 bikes. So you can travel with me if you don't want to use your brother's trailer....Very happy
Back to top Go down
martin_nj




PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:23 pm

man, with all these NJ people gathering on here we should totally have a meetup
Back to top Go down
Werloc

avatar


PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:52 am

Yeah, I noticed there are many NJ members here. All my regular weekly riding buddies are guys I've met on other bike forums. Been on a lot of forum group rides in the Pine Barrens. It's a perfect place for that. As soon as I get my new bike, I'd be up for that for sure. Maybe I'll set one up for August or September sometime. I'd bet we'd have a good turn out.
Back to top Go down
Prime

avatar


PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:58 am

Werloc wrote:
Travis, yeah, cool man. That would suck. Yeah, You going to sell your CR too? I don't think you'll ride it if you had a WR. I'm going to list my bike tomorrow. Yeah, I'll send ya the link for sure. So I won't be riding until I have a new bike. So no Thursdays in the Pines for a while. To much of a pain to keep my bike as clean as it is now. I hope this only takes a month or less to do. I got my eye on 3 WR's right now around $5,000. Keep your fingers crossed..... I also talked my wife into converting the camper into a trailer for the bikes. This way we can do some out of state group rides once in a while. It's big enough to fit 4 bikes. So you can travel with me if you don't want to use your brother's trailer....Very happy

Awesome, hopefully it sells quick. I'll probably be riding my TW the rest of this season, so I'll be a bit outclassed next time we ride together ha! Though I did finally take the time and spray my tank so it doesn't look so ratty. Also, mounted an oem yamaha rear rack I got cheap on Craigslist. I'm hopeful when I do list my bike, I'll get $1500 for it. Maybe a down payment on the WRR. I'll probably keep the CR... Can't ride the WR on a motocross track. The CR is about 220 lbs and 50 hp lol, it's a beast.

Not sure if you're interested, but I've seen several dealers selling new WRRs for $5899 for leftover or $5999 for current model year. Pretty good deal when they sell for nearly that much used. Of course, you'll have to pay some bs dealer fees and taxes as well.

The trailer sounds great! I can't wait to get out and ride.. I am off work now through Tuesday, so I might go riding Monday. Anyhow, yeah, keep me posted on the sale. And I'll look for good WRR deals for you.
Back to top Go down
Prime

avatar


PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:58 am

Werloc wrote:
Yeah, I noticed there are many NJ members here. All my regular weekly riding buddies are guys I've met on other bike forums. Been on a lot of forum group rides in the Pine Barrens. It's a perfect place for that. As soon as I get my new bike, I'd be up for that for sure. Maybe I'll set one up for August or September sometime. I'd bet we'd have a good turn out.

Count me in!
Back to top Go down
Werloc

avatar


PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Prime wrote:
Werloc wrote:
Travis, yeah, cool man. That would suck. Yeah, You going to sell your CR too? I don't think you'll ride it if you had a WR. I'm going to list my bike tomorrow. Yeah, I'll send ya the link for sure. So I won't be riding until I have a new bike. So no Thursdays in the Pines for a while. To much of a pain to keep my bike as clean as it is now. I hope this only takes a month or less to do. I got my eye on 3 WR's right now around $5,000. Keep your fingers crossed..... I also talked my wife into converting the camper into a trailer for the bikes. This way we can do some out of state group rides once in a while. It's big enough to fit 4 bikes. So you can travel with me if you don't want to use your brother's trailer....Very happy

Awesome, hopefully it sells quick. I'll probably be riding my TW the rest of this season, so I'll be a bit outclassed next time we ride together ha! Though I did finally take the time and spray my tank so it doesn't look so ratty. Also, mounted an oem yamaha rear rack I got cheap on Craigslist. I'm hopeful when I do list my bike, I'll get $1500 for it. Maybe a down payment on the WRR. I'll probably keep the CR... Can't ride the WR on a motocross track. The CR is about 220 lbs and 50 hp lol, it's a beast.

Not sure if you're interested, but I've seen several dealers selling new WRRs for $5899 for leftover or $5999 for current model year. Pretty good deal when they sell for nearly that much used. Of course, you'll have to pay some bs dealer fees and taxes as well.

The trailer sounds great! I can't wait to get out and ride.. I am off work now through Tuesday, so I might go riding Monday. Anyhow, yeah, keep me posted on the sale. And I'll look for good WRR deals for you.

Yeah Travis, Those extra fees are about $600 bucks at least. I talked to a few of those dealers already. So that's like $6,600.00 bucks OTD. I'm looking to spend around $5,200 max. Don't want to finance. I'm buying outright with cash. I've got 7 bikes on my list of bikes to buy already, all within 4 hours drive one way. And 4 others about 7 hours away. And 2 that are an hour away. That's 13 bikes to choose from. Talked to all but 1 already on the phone. I will have a WR within 2 days after selling my TW. Tryin to do this quick and with no downtime......Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New member from NJ   

Back to top Go down
 
New member from NJ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Tubular cross member
» NSRCC Member - Weekend
» Mystery Nexus Member
» WTB SR5 Third Member Differential
» Anyone use this front x-member

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: