Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!

Go down 
+2
PC_Moto
mrbracket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mrbracket

First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  Empty
PostSubject: First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!    First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Really liking this WR250R, but the big 'ol plate holder really bugged me!!!

Here's a link: plate holder

First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  Tailbrkt-wr250-2

stole image from procycle website..
Back to top Go down
PC_Moto

PostSubject: Re: First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!    First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:05 pm

I agree, the stock plate/fender/light piece is huge! Not very attractive, this one is nice an simple. Been wanting to go to this one as well.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!    First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 7:01 pm

The stock plate holder and rear fender may be huge and unattractive but it is very functional if you ride off and on road.

Tried the small plate holder and tail light trick but after a romp in the mud my tail light was covered over and so was my back side.  Being paranoid about being hit from behind while on pavement that just did not settle well with me.

So I bolted all the stock bits back on and life was good again.  I am a function over form sort of guy.

Last edited by rsteiger on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!    First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Ya I like the look way better, but will stick with the stock long one as I dont get crap up my back in all the rain and mud we have up here, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!    First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Fiftygrit wrote:
Ya I like the look way better, but will stick with the stock long one as I dont get crap up my back in all the rain and mud we have up here, cheer`s

+1.  The stock mud guard does a nice job of keeping water and mud off the back of the bike/rider.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
mrbracket

PostSubject: Re: First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!    First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:37 pm

To each their own.. This bike sees close to equal offroad and on, I guess I'm used to wearing a dirt bike stripe =)  Plus, I broke the stock setup, yeah, I try hills I shouldn't =)  After I get a rear rack on there, it'll block more of the muck anyways..
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!    First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:37 pm

I dont care if mud hits my back but when it covers the light so cars cant see me hit the brakes or see me at all while riding after dark I need to do some thing about it.

The best option for staying visible when riding mud and on the road is the stock tail light.

All the small simple set ups that look nice cover the light with mud.

Im trying a tusk tail light soon, its in between stock and these set ups, im hoping it will stay clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!    First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!  Empty

Back to top Go down

First Mod =) new tail light / plate holder!
Page 1 of 1