Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Which tail light DRZ or DRC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
123honus

Which tail light DRZ or DRC Empty
PostSubject: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:43 pm

I have a WRR on the way and am confused by the two tail light options.
There is a person on EBAY that says the DRZ is more durable than the DRC.
I do not care for the looks of the DRZ mount and it looks like the mounting bracket is some what jury rigged.
Has anyone looked at both of these brackets and what are your thoughts.
Thanks, Jim
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 2:17 pm

I'm curious to see a link to this EBay thing because as far as I know, DRZ refers to a model series of Suzuki motorcycles (DR-Z400), and DRC is the company that makes LED tail lights for the Suzuki DR-Z400S and SM and Yamaha WR-250R and X. :)
Back to top Go down
123honus

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:13 pm

The ebay link is below.
Please notice that the top photo is the DRC, but the light you receive is the photo below. DRZ.
The seller says he quit carrying the DRC and this is what he has been selling.
Look at the photo above the large word "description".
When you order, you get the DRZ. I sent mine back since I like the style of the DRC, but perhaps I did the wrong thing.
Thanks,Jim

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190340113248&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
Jus42

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:03 pm

I have this one and like it a lot. Easy on, clean look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-WR250R-X-Tail-Tidy-Fender-Eliminator_W0QQitemZ170392121926QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27ac297246
Back to top Go down
123honus

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:44 pm

I have the 2009 model and they say that it will not work.
Stlill curious as to anyone using the DRZ on their bike, and if anyone had compared the DRC with the DRZ
Thanks for the info.
Jim
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:06 pm

All of those lights in the first EBay link look like DRC tail lights.
I don't see how one made for a Suzuki DR-Z will fit a Yamaha WR without hacking it up.

The Tail Tidy in the second EBay link comes from the UK, and the tail lights on UK bikes are supposedly different from 2008 to 2009.
USA bikes use the same parts from 2008 to 2009. :)
Back to top Go down
123honus

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Look down farther in the link the photos change.
You will see that the bottom photos are different from the top photo.,
If I would have recenved the DRC I would have kept it. I received the DRZ.
The seller says the DRZ is better for the WRR than the DRC.
You need to look closely at the photos to see they change from DRC to DRZ.
Kind of a con game was my impression. That is why I am asking if has anyone tried the DRZ like he is selling?
Look at the bottom photos.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:48 pm

They all look like DRC brand units.
The difference I see is that the one in the photo above the word "description" shows the light set pretty far under the rear fender because it seems to use different mounting bracketry compared to the one in the very first image.
In fact, it looks a lot like how the one mounted to my 2009 Suzuki DR-Z400SM is.

The DRC light on my 2008 WR-250R is mounted on a triangular bracket setup like in the very first image, at the top of the page.

I'd ask the guy if this light is really meant for a Suzuki DR-Z400S or SM.
Back to top Go down
123honus

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Well you now see what I mean.
The top photo is the style of bracket I thought was designed for the WRR
The bottom photo is the bracket that was designed for the Suzuki (my opinion)
I assume DRC makes them both.
The inpression I am under is that I would have to jury rig the bracket he mailed me. It was the bracked in the bottom photo.
Since he did not mail me the one in the main photo, he did not have credibility.
He said this style is the best.

That is my question. Is the top mount in the photo best, or the bottom photo?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:36 pm

The one in the top photo is how they're supposed to be for a WR-250R or X as far as I know.
The one in the bottom photo looks like it's made for another bike, or at the very least is an older design that sits the light further inward.
My guess is that the guy is just trying to sell what he's got, whether it's better or not.

I'd pass on this one and get one like in the top photo because the bottom one looks too far inward to me.
Try a different vendor. :)
Back to top Go down
123honus

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:53 am

When I received it I was surprised that it did not look like the top photo.
I called the guy and he said the one he sent was better.
The bracket shown in the top photo was breaking and he no longer carried it.
The top photo was what I thought I was going to get when I ordered.
It was returned.
After I returned it, I thought perhaps I was being too hasty, and that is why I am posting on this forum.
Glad to hear that you agree.

Anyone looking at this ebay item should know what they will receive. He should remove the top photo in his ad.
I think he likes the confusion and hopes you keep the part.

Thanks for your comments
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:28 pm

I just put the DRC tail light on this last weekend, it looks great and is really simple to put on. I bought it here http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=119, and they have free shipping so the cost comes out to be about the same as the ebay one. The only thing that I did not really care for is the holes on the bracket to mount the license plate to did not line up with the mounting holes on the license plate. So I just bought a small chunk of plate aluminum from a local hardware store and trimmed it to the same size as the license plate then used carriage bolts to mount it to the bracket then drilled holes in the aluminum plate to bolt the license plate to that. Came out sweet.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:03 pm

E-bay is a shitty place to buy stuff like that. You are better dealing with a reputable shop, like Wheeling Cycle (site sponser), for reasons you already figured out.
Back to top Go down
123honus

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:20 pm

Wheeling will be the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which tail light DRZ or DRC   Which tail light DRZ or DRC Empty

Back to top Go down

Which tail light DRZ or DRC
Page 1 of 1