Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kebabdan

NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH Empty
PostSubject: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 4:39 pm

hey guys new to the site......
just fitted a new clutch to my Yamaha wrf250 (2003 model).

Having some major issues, I drained the oil completely.... fitted the clutch plates starting with the friction plate the metal inserts and then the friction plate at the end....
put on the plate housing cover and fitted new springs n tightened them up. after reinstalling the cover I changed the oil filter and filled up the oil.... ran the bike for a few minutes..

pulled the clutch lever and I have absolutely nothing there what so ever... no pressure or pulling on cable or even the bit the cable attaches to can operate by hand? where as before needed mole grips to move it... adjusted the clutch side of the level and the lever itself but there is no pull....

advice would be well well appreciated as I want to hopefully ride sunday .

dan
Back to top Go down
kebabdan

PostSubject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:59 pm

come on guys... fml
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:55 pm

You have a 2003 WR250F, and you're asking a WR250R (or WR250X) forum, so that's probably why nobody's tripping over themselves to reply.
There is nothing in common between the two models.

About your bike:
I own a 2002 WR250F, and used to own a 2009 WR250F that I wish I didn't sell.
Did you lose the steel ball just behind the pressure plate lifter?
Look at the diagram in your WR250FR Owner's Service Manual.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 9:46 pm

One your one the wrong forum for a wrF.

Two I dont get your description, is the cable slack or so hard to pull you cant pull it?

Your bike has pretty much the same clutch as the wrr with 8 plates instead of 7, which is why rekluse wont sell us wrr owners a auto clutch.

I think something is missing like the push rod or the washer thats behind the pressure plate...
Back to top Go down
kebabdan

PostSubject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 3:29 am

no the ball bearing did fall out but I have put that back in place... I generally have no idea as to why.

and by my description I have adjusted that the clutch cables both sides.... but if I pull the level there is nothing there at all... no pressure. just as if im pulling the clutch with nothing attached the other end.

any advice would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 5:24 am

Only other possibility I can condure-up is that the pressure plate is not fully seated in place.
On some models, the pressure plate can go on in only one position, and there's even a marker on the pressure plate that is supposed to align with the clutch boss.

Try removing the clutch spring bolts and changing the position of the pressure plate (after you un-adjust the changes you made to your clutch cable).

Do you have the Owner's Service Manual?
Back to top Go down
kebabdan

PostSubject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 6:57 am

all sorted now. as previous guy just mentioned.... removed the clutch again when I refitted it and torqued down the bolts could hear the clutch snap into place with the pressure from the springs. thanks
Back to top Go down
SumoWRR

SumoWRR

PostSubject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 11:32 am

Just for future reference all dirt bike clutches and atv manual clutch set ups are relatively the same. That pressure plate has like two or three ways where it seats pressed up against the discs. Just double check it before sealin the motor up to save time later. Most times its that damn ball that falls out without u seeing it. Good luck, glad you got her going. Have fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH   NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AFTER FITTING NEW CLUTCH
Page 1 of 1