Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Racer

X-Racer

One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) Empty
PostSubject: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Added the GYTR pipe, removed the crapola, added PCIII to the girls WRR, and mapped it, remapped it, rode it mapped some more. Runs great. Rode it for 20-30 minutes. No problem.

Started this AM and it ran for a few minutes and died - Threw a code 30.

Key "Off"; Key "On" - Restart. Runs fine. Dies. Same code.

Repeat above; Restarted. No problem. Runs fine.

I'm scratching. Any ideas ?

-Robert
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:37 pm

The 30 code is for the lean angle sensor. Turning the key off and back on again is how you reset it. Yours must be faulty so your problems are not programing caused.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Lean angle ? As in the bike not being vertical ? ....on the kickstand in the driveway ? Humpfh...

Stupid question maybe, but why would you need a code for that ?

...and on a bike with 274 miles on it ? Sheesh. What code does it throw when she falls completely over ! * laugh *
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:59 pm

The lean angle sensor shuts off the bike when you drop it (over 65 degrees) it should not display a code or shut down the bike if it stays up right. If it displays the code up right it is faulty. I guess it is to stop the bike running on it's side and the oil not flowing properally when you are un-able to shut it down.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 am

Interesting... So if the oil was not circulating because it was cool (not flowing as to the telemetry it was receiving - Wondering how it does that as part of my confusion) it would send a false-positive ?

Lean angle with the kickstand can't be more than 15 degrees off vertical.

...and thank-you very much for your responses. My R1 isn't this complicated.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:49 am

The bike running on it's side would cause the oil not to flow properally thus damaging the bike. The lean angle sensor should not do anything unless the bike is tipped over 65 degrees. It is just there in case you are unable to hit the kill switch.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:36 am

Maybe your lean angle sensor is just sticking. The inside of the sensor has a small weighted magnetic piece that swings around on a circuit board and when it reaches a certain point it makes contact with the proper connections and kills the engine. Some people have taken the sensor apart and glued the spindle down so it doesn't move. That would have to be a personal choice though. I haven't messed with mine since it is a safety feature, but if it ever gives me problems I will "fix" it this way too.

The sensor is mounted under the seat, on top of the airbox. It's a small black matchbox size thing that says "UP" on top of it. You might want to take it off the airbox and start the bike with it facing UP and then with the bike running, tip the sensor upside down and see what happens. It should kill the engine if it's working right. It should not trip a code when mounted to the airbox if the bike is on the sidestand or near vertical like WRRSam said. It's really just a safety feature to kill the engine if you lay the bike down.

BTW, (depending on year) your R1 has the same sensor if I'm not mistaken.

Check this out for more info...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689838
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Ah ha.... Now that makes sense.

My "Up" may be not quite "Up" as when I took the airbox top off I may have been off of "Up" by some margin (tie wrap slippage is the likely cause).

"Up" is a relative thing. Right ? * LOL * That answers the mail. Thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Is this more than 65*???? One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) Icon_scratch

One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) Airmoto001
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 pm

I just got 65 out a motorbike mag. I think the sensor has to be over 65 for about 5 seconds untill the bike shuts down.
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 pm

INSTIGATOR wrote:
Is this more than 65*???? One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) Icon_scratch

One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) Airmoto001

If there was a vertical angle sensor on this bike, it would be registering near vertical because of the angle of the bike and centrifugal forces. Think about it. During turns your butt is pushed into the seat and not toward the ground to the inside of a turn. I just explained this to say that the sensor should never be triggered during normal operation of the bike.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:35 am

Looks like 45 plus maybe, but that's nothing. I had mine, and the girl had her's at 9-0 degrees today. ...granted I had to pick it up by hand (and back), but stilll I was down way low ! Knees on the ground ? Pffftttt.... That's nothing. I had my entire BODY on the ground. The good thing is I was laughing so hard I could barely pick the bike up. I rarely crash when I'm not even moving. Luckily I don't have a sensor on the KTM.

...on the five-second sensor shut-down. That's pretty scarey. I can see being more than 15 degrees for much more than five-seconds. The bike shutting down in the middle of a long high-speed turn would be potentially catastropic.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:41 am

X-Racer wrote:

...on the five-second sensor shut-down. That's pretty scarey. I can see being more than 15 degrees for much more than five-seconds. The bike shutting down in the middle of a long high-speed turn would be potentially catastropic.

I don't no if the 5 seconds thing is true or not that's just how long it normaly takes for the bike to stop when I drop it.
Like duanew said the centrifugal forces should hold it open when cornering. The mag I got my info from said that's it's a hall effect switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)   One Adam-Twelve (AKA:  Do we have a code listing somewhere?) Empty

Back to top Go down

One Adam-Twelve (AKA: Do we have a code listing somewhere?)
Page 1 of 1