Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
like2lean

Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR?? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR??   Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR?? EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 pm

I have a 2013 with the basics and I'm thinking about some motor mods: exhaust, PCV and air box. I'd sure like to ride one to see if it's worth it first if anyone would be willing to switch with me for a few miles...and no worries, I'm good. wink
Back to top Go down
Corycy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR??   Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR?? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm not able to help in person as I live too far away. However I can tell you this; I would trade all my engine mods for suspension work. Granted I ride a wrr and on back and dirt roads more often than not.

This opinion seems to be shared by many, but you're making the right choice by trying a modded one out first.
Back to top Go down
like2lean

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR??   Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR?? EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:59 am

It does seem many return to stock, I just wanted a little more punch for the mountains this summer. I'll just roll as is and think about suspension this winter, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR??   Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR?? EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:09 am

I would let you ride my WRX if we lived close, but we don't....So here's my $0.02 on the matter.

I've done all the standard performance mods, and it's much better than stock. The front will lift up now.

Fuel economy has dropped a lot. I get about 90 kms before the fuel light comes on. Stock, I was getting around 200 kms before said light turned on (Although my ODO is off now that I've adjusted the speedo). I don't care about the extra money, I just hate having to stop at gas stations multiple times a day on big rides...

I've gone to 13/48 gearing and my top speed is now 130 km/h (I didn't buy this bike to do top speed, but this gearing makes highway use a pain to keep up with traffic).

I have NOT done any suspension work, as I like a softer ride. It has worked well for my riding style/preference while offroad (fireroads/dirt roads/trails/small jumps/etc).

I love the "zero maintenance" of the WRX, but honestly I'm looking to trade her in for a new Husqvarna 701 Supermoto this Fall (KTM 690 SMC-R drag queen).
The WRR/X is a great 250, but it's still a 250 and it'll never have the performance of a big bike.
I have friends with bigger bikes (KTM 625 SMC/KTM 690 SMC/Husaberg FS650e) and the difference is astronomical.

That said, if you really like the bike and want to keep it, do the mods as they really do improve the performance.
If you're on the fence between modding and keeping the bike or changing for something with more power, I'd say save your money for a different bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR??   Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone in the OKC area with a moded WR??
Page 1 of 1