Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Intent to Recall - overheating stator

Go down 
+40
Jens Eskildsen
Ziabeam
dmmcd
Zodiac1
LasVegasWR
dogfarm
wwguy
yaw
camaroz1985
grw800
alansz400
sbend
chabon
saddletramp
wrwiley
Handz
timzim
MADDOGGIE501
ezrdr55
f3joel
gordo
GlibGuy
jorgo
Serp
lank
Fiftygrit
blusmoke
sturgeon
rarepartbuilder
Biglake
sprocket
66T
wankle
IslandADV
WRXZ
alexWR
speersie
rsteiger
Evol
JS5Owner
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
mollycbr123

Intent to Recall - overheating stator - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intent to Recall - overheating stator   Intent to Recall - overheating stator - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Had the stator recall done a few months ago at the local dealer. Haven't been riding the little bike much since then, maybe 100 miles or so. Recently, it began rough running, hard to start, cutting out unexpectedly. I'm thinking the new stator is crapping out.

Has anyone had their replacement stator die?

Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Intent to Recall - overheating stator   Intent to Recall - overheating stator - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 pm

I had mine done about a year ago. No issues with the new or old. I had a rm125 that a friend helped me replace. The wires were ran a lil off in the case and got shredded. Easy to check for that and fix. Pull the startor cover... But the bike would die and have nothing if that was it. Not sure about a general stator failure... When the one in that rm died it went from good to no good with no messing around in between...
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Intent to Recall - overheating stator   Intent to Recall - overheating stator - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 2:32 pm

Meassure the stator, youtube has several generic guides. Specs for the bike is in the manual.

Start with meassuring directly on the battery when bike is off then with ignition on, and when the bike is started.
You should get something around 12,6 / 12,4 / 14,4
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Intent to Recall - overheating stator   Intent to Recall - overheating stator - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Measuring off the battery is a good starting point. If you get the wrong measurements it could be several culprits. Bad reg/ret. Bad connection anywhere including the battery posts themselves... Being a recall part you could probably just take it to a dealer and have them check the stator. Just make sure they know you aren't paying for anything else they come up with... They check the stator and that's it!
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: Intent to Recall - overheating stator   Intent to Recall - overheating stator - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks guys. The bike ran fine before the stator replacement, and the problem does seem to be electrical, so I'm just guessing here.  Got a buddy coming over with one of his expensive multimeters,  so we'll check out the likely suspects one weekend soon.  In the meantime, he suggested I drain the old gas out of the tank and put in fresh with StarTron, or snake oil of my choosing, to see if that makes any difference.  The bike sat for about a month with E10 in it, so who knows.  

I feel like it's electrical, and related to the stator replacement.  If the volts don't come out right, I'm just taking it back to the dealership and let them sort it out.  I just put a new battery in it, thinking my 5 yr old neglected one might have been the cause, but no joy.

So, I'm guessing nobody else has had their replacement stator crap out, huh.  I didn't ask the dealer, but I assumed it was more robust than the OEM one.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Intent to Recall - overheating stator   Intent to Recall - overheating stator - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 10:50 pm

I ran ethanol gas in my bike once or twice cause I was on empty and nowhere near a station that sold ethanol free... I ran it out and refilled before I got home but the bike ran choppy... I'd add some marvel, sta-bill, or lucus upper cylinder lube to it... Injector cleaner of your choice... I've turned a non startin bike into a runnin bike without openin the carb with sta-bill... The red one... Never used the green. It's supposed to treat ethanol gas but I use ethanol free in my single cylinder jobbies...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intent to Recall - overheating stator   Intent to Recall - overheating stator - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Intent to Recall - overheating stator
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5