Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stalling on Decel - Fixed!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drtorq

drtorq

Stalling on Decel - Fixed! Empty
PostSubject: Stalling on Decel - Fixed!   Stalling on Decel - Fixed! EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi All,

Newb here.   Great forum and info, I've used it plenty and wanted to give back.

Bike background:  I consider myself very luck to have purchased last year a 2008 WR250R with about 1,800 miles on it with most of the goodies I wanted -- FMF Powercore 4 muffler, FMF header, FMF programmer, airbox flapper mod, and all the various blockoff/delete hardware.  Well installed and I've had zero issues in my first year of owning it -- until yesterday.

Driving about 55mph in traffic the bike would stall when clutching and downshifting from higher speeds/gears.  This was really unnerving in traffic!  If it didn't stall it would balk and spit for a half second when I got back on the gas after downshifting.  Oh no!  Trip cut short.  Other than that it started, accelerated and idled fine.

I won't keep you in suspense.  I decided to start small and simple and I never had to go past step 1.  A new spark plug fixed all.  Even with only 2,100 miles on it, I guess after 7 years it was time.  Probably I should have done it after I bought it, live and learn.

I wanted to share all this because it's easy to assume it's something complicated that broke, but I always try to go back to the basics.  Mainly because it's usually easier and cheaper that way!

Here's a pic of the old plug for what it's worth, didn't look too bad actually.
Stalling on Decel - Fixed! <a href=Stalling on Decel - Fixed! Wrr_pl11" />
Back to riding!   Thanks everyone for the support.

-Doc
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Stalling on Decel - Fixed!   Stalling on Decel - Fixed! EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks for the tip, something to remember. thumb
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Stalling on Decel - Fixed!   Stalling on Decel - Fixed! EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:14 pm

drtorq wrote:
A new spark plug fixed all.

That sounds waaaayyy too simple....
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Stalling on Decel - Fixed!   Stalling on Decel - Fixed! EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:17 pm

You guys out East always want to make things difficult. hahaha
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Stalling on Decel - Fixed!   Stalling on Decel - Fixed! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:03 pm

Evol wrote:
drtorq wrote:
A new spark plug fixed all.

That sounds waaaayyy too simple....

Ha ha you're not kidding!!

Glad for you that it was an easy fix. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stalling on Decel - Fixed!   Stalling on Decel - Fixed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Stalling on Decel - Fixed!
Page 1 of 1