Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Back to stock

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Back to stock   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:53 pm

So after 87.7 miles off-road yesterday I found myself going through the gears a lot. Today I switched my 47t back to my stock 43t rear. I changed the gears the first year I got the bike and never went back to try it again. Loved the longer range in the gears. Cant wait to go offroad to see how much low end grunt I lost. anyone running a 14t front?
Back to top Go down
TKO

PostSubject: Re: Back to stock   Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:07 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
. . . anyone running a 14t front?

14/50 here. thumb
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Back to stock   Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:17 am

Does the 14T fit or did you have to change the case saver?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Back to stock   Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:29 pm

14 with sandmand casesaver here, some very slight rubbing, but nothing to be worried about it.
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Back to stock   Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:50 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
So after 87.7 miles off-road yesterday I found myself going through the gears a lot. Today I switched my 47t back to my stock 43t rear. I changed the gears the first year I got the bike and never went back to try it again. Loved the longer range in the gears. Cant wait to go offroad to see how much low end grunt I lost. anyone running a 14t front?

I burned my clutch riding with stock gearing. If you intend to ride heavily offroad I would suggest at least 13/47 (or 14/50). Stock gearing is really too tall for offroad. I'm running a 14 front with a sandman case saver and though it's fine there is a fair amount of rubbing. The next time I replace my drivetrain I'm going back to a 13 front.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Back to stock   Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:49 pm

Im running a 13-47 now and went back to the stock.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Back to stock   Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:09 am

I was running 14/50 and recently went back to 13/48.

I had light contact with the Sandman case saver with the 14t but nothing major (no grooves worn into it). I think this may be because I do tend to keep the chain a bit on the loose side of things.

Went back to 13/48 since the bike is more responsive for the riding I do. I can also pull a higher top speed in 6th gear with the 13/48 setup which in my feeble way of thinking means the gearing matches the power output of the bike better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to stock   

Back to top Go down

Back to stock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sprockets and Chains-
Jump to: