Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?

Go down 
+5
ramz
YZEtc
mwakey
motokid
Broo C em
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:56 am

That's what I use too. This site also has an image hosting thing which is free. FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 619190

PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:03 am

photobucket

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:47 am

Broo C em wrote:
. . . further to my previous re image hosting sites (like mebbe SmugMug?) does anybuddy have any special advice/clues/tips to pass along . .. something very simple would suit, & 'free' would be nice too .. ..
It always helps to explore the software you're using... like this website for example.

When you are in the "post" function on this website, above the text entry window you'll see numerous groups of icons. As you run your mouse pointer over each of them, text will appear below, helpfully telling you what each icon is for. The icons in turn are broken up into groups by vertical bars. So, look for the 5th group of icons. Place your mouse pointer over the first icon in that group and you will see the text "Host an image" appear. Click on that icon and a window will open. All you do is browse to the picture you want to host, select the image size you want, and presto, there you have the URL for your image, a thumbnail, etc. Highlight and copy the link, click the icon to the immediate right of the icon you just used ("insert image"); the Servimg window closes, past the link into the window that appears, and you're done.

You don't need Smugmug, Photobucket, or any of the other similar sites. If you want to create an online photo gallery that can be browsed through, then of course you need to look at something else. But if you just want the ability to put pictures into Internet forums once in a while, then the function built into this forum software is about as simple as it gets.

The function links to https://servimg.com/index.php, BTW, so you can always go directly there to get the same capability without coming back to this forum to get access to the function.
Back to top Go down
Broo C em

PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks folks, I'll go do some right-clicking ~ just as soon as I get clear of trying to nut-out how to seperate the harness plug connection on the Exup servo motor so I can instal the new Cyborg Sub (thanks again 'borg) . . .. I swear they make those 'chinese-puzzle' plugs so tricky just to keep us amateurs out, & to raise the likelyhood that same said amateur will snap off some vital lil dohicky-clip that runs the blasted plug, mutter mutter mutter .. .

BrooC DownUnder, perplexed Shog
Back to top Go down
Broo C em

PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:47 pm

. ..I got that servo plug undone, like most things it was easy once ya know how, & fortunately this time I didnt ruin the bloody thing finding out! Sub is installed & bike runs fine without any error codes . . .great work 'borg!

There's a satisfying growth in the heap of junk that's been stripped off the bike now, previous arrival on the heap was the sidestand switch . .. .cant wait to get into ripping out all that airbox flapper crap . .. . . latest addition to the buike was welding a larger foot onto the base of the sidestand to give it a better chance of staying upright on soft ground . .. . . I've also enlarged the bash plate significantly to protect the water hose on the right & the alternator wires on the right . .. . .will also be sending photoes back to B+B products to show then what their product SHOULD look like .. . .

CIAO from DownUnderLand bannana
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:44 am

Broo C em wrote:
My machinist pal turned up an ali sleeve that does the trick nicely .. . . doesnt even need a clamp or sealant. . . . . . I'ld post a pic but so far I've not sussed how to use a hosting site .. . . . .there's always something new to be learned!

Cheers
BrooC DownUnder FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 723941
Is this the pic?

FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 16_10_10

I didn't have any problem using the "host an image" capabilities at all. Your pic loaded up extremely fast from my desktop where I saved it...
Back to top Go down
Broo C em

PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:53 pm

. . .Thats the right pic thanks, showing the snug pipefit as described above etc.

I'll try it from desktop, but still cant get a load from the folder it is sitting in. . . .

Cheers

BrooC cheers
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:50 pm

Following up with some pics:

Here is the FMF PB inside the GYTR muffler pipe. It's a tight fit (note the scratches).

FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 WRR139

Here is the FMF PB inside the stock muffler pipe. Again, it's a tight fit.

FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 WRR140

The FMF PB header measures 43.5mm o.d. at the open end.
The GYTR and stock muffler pipes measure 43.5+mm i.d. at the open end. That + is less than .01mm; that's tight!
Back to top Go down
Broo C em

PostSubject: Weird, weally weird   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Those pics from ramz defnly support what I suspected & mentioned earlier ~ that there are quite different versions around of things ya would expect to be the same.

In this case, my GYTR mufflers front pipe has no slits, & instead it is necked down to 42mm OD, while the butt end of the FMF-PB is swaged UP to 44mm ID ~ thus the need for me to get a 1mm thk sleeve machined to slip between the two to take up the slack. See earlier photo.

In a nutshell, ramz GYTR fits OVER the FMF, & mine fits INSIDE the FMF. Or, his FMF-PB is 43.5mm OD, mine is 44mm ID. 'Go figure'!

I guess there's a lesson here folks ~ other peoples info MAY not be appropriate to somebuddy elses bike or parts, even if they are the same model.

I saw the same thing going on in a thread about front sprokets ~ some folks bought YZ/WR 12tth sprockets that WILL fit an R2, while other folks bought what was apparently the same sprocket that would NOT fit due to different splines!

Beware ~ Murphy Rides among us!

Cheers
BrooC DownUnder scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?   FMF PB Header, wrong fit ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF PB Header, wrong fit ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2