Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Moose Racing Skid plate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JeepDave

Moose Racing Skid plate Empty
PostSubject: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Mounted up my Moose Racing Skid plate today. It took a little effort to get the thing bowed enough for the bolts to reach. Since I have a California model I had to re-locate the charcoal canister. Instead of removing/cutting or plugging the hoses, I made a 180* 1/4" stainless tube and hooked them up together. Went for a test ride and all seems fine. Anyone have any concerns about that method?
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 12:06 pm

I would expect it to be just fine, the canister is just a scrubber, supposed to take the bad stuff out, none of us have them so welcome to the club.
Back to top Go down
JeepDave

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:55 am

I've had a no start issue lately. I ride to work with no issues. Go to leave at lunch and the bike won't start. I tried push starting it and nothing. Add a little fuel and it almost starts. Then it fires up an run fine. The bike sits in the sun till after lunch when the sun moves to the front of the building and shades the back. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Was the bike in the sun when you had the no start?

If so I would suspect the fuel pump.

But then again you did do a recent mod to the bike too.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Jeep if you are in Cal. or AZ some place hot it could have a vapor lock, my HD use to do that every so often, couple of times in Eastern Montana it was 114f , it had a vacuum operated pet cock from the fuel tank, I went with a manual pringle one and problem solved, but yours should not be this. I would start by checking your fuel lines make sure they are all good, hope it is not the in tank pump.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Im not a 100% sure but I think your tank isn't venting with the lines from the charcoal can hooked together.

If it happens again unhook the lines you hooked together and see if it starts.

Putting a little more gas in the tank would've un vapour locked it so it would run again.

Theres not many wrr/x's with a charcoal canister around so theres not much info out there on what to do with the hoses from it.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Biglake wrote:
Im not a 100% sure but I think your tank isn't venting with the lines from the charcoal can hooked together.

If it happens again unhook the lines you hooked together and see if it starts.

Putting a little more gas in the tank would've un vapour locked it so it would run again.

Theres not many wrr/x's with a charcoal canister around so theres not much info out there on what to do with the hoses from it.

^^^ That is a very good point.
Back to top Go down
JeepDave

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 2:18 am

It never had an issue until I removed the canister. Yes the bike sits in the sun. I've ordered a venting gas cap so we will see if that does it. I plan on plugging the vent hose and the hose going to the throttle body.
Back to top Go down
JeepDave

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:47 am

I disconnected the vent hose from my stainless U pipe and plugged them with some .30 caliber bullets(no casing or powder just the projectile). Seems to be doing the trick. I have a big ride planned for next weekend. And a trip planned in Oct. looking forward to both.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate EmptyWed May 03, 2023 7:12 pm

I've had OEM plastic HDPE skid plates on my previous two bikes(Beta RR-S'), and they have been great.

I wanted a plastic skid plate for this WRR and got the Moose one. Install was easy and the plate mounted up quite well. The plate is thick, thicker than the ones on my Beta's and I like that there is more than enough space underneath the plate and all around it to be able to flush any mud/debris that gets into the space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose Racing Skid plate   Moose Racing Skid plate Empty

Back to top Go down

Moose Racing Skid plate
Page 1 of 1