Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Engine knocking/clunking?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LucaGP

Engine knocking/clunking? Empty
PostSubject: Engine knocking/clunking?   Engine knocking/clunking? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:05 pm

I have an 08' wrr with 7500 miles on it. Just recently noticed an intermittent knocking feeling in the engine. I was in the middle of nowhere in the heat and had to drive 20 miles to the nearest town where I'm now waiting for AAA. the slight knocking which seemed more prevalent climbing hills and higher speeds has graduated to a more persistent almost clunking sensation.

Oil is fairly new and looks fine, I have not yet replaced the stator cool however I don't see how this could be the issue... Any help would e greatly appreciated while I sit here waiting for a tow to the nearest dealership.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Engine knocking/clunking?   Engine knocking/clunking? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 5:51 pm

Since no one replied I will.

Its pretty much impossible to tell you whats knocking/clunking over the internet, you will have to tear it down or let the dealer do it.
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: Engine knocking/clunking?   Engine knocking/clunking? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Almost sounds like pre-ignition, if its hot enough and the fuel isn't the right grade I could see this happening. Any loss of power? have you ran it after it cooled down? do you have a programmer?

My 87 toyota would start sounding and feeling similar to a diesel(pre-ignition) when it got too hot or about half way up any decent sized hill in the summertime. This was because the ignition was advanced too far but technically its a heat problem. A better fuel grade could have remedied the condition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine knocking/clunking?   Engine knocking/clunking? Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine knocking/clunking?
Page 1 of 1