Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Break in recommendations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oregonwr2504

Break in recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Break in recommendations   Break in recommendations EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 2:55 pm

I just picked up a new 2014 WR250R in Salem oregon. What a bike - my first new one with 0 miles!! Any recommendations for break in? I'm going to take it easy for 300 miles, but anyone have any thoughts on this please share!

I live in Newberg Oregon. Local wr guys hit me up with your favorite places to ride. I rode my YZ250F all over Browns Camp in the TSF.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Break in recommendations   Break in recommendations EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:34 pm

I took it easy on my new 2014, but I did change the oil and oil filter 3 times in the first 1000 ml just because the motor and clutch were breaking in, its all good now, did they do the stator recall before you took it. just something to check.
Back to top Go down
oregonwr2504

PostSubject: Re: Break in recommendations   Break in recommendations EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:19 pm

Yeah, they did the stator replacement.  I called and had the dealer hold the bike as I was going down the weekend after the 4th of July. Then they called me and said I couldn't pick up the bike until the recall was performed  poser2 .  It was a LOOONG 4 weeks before I could pick it up.  I think it drove my wife crazy checking on updates on when it would be ready!!  75 miles on the bike now and I know it was worth the wait!! wings

Last edited by oregonwr2504 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Break in recommendations   Break in recommendations EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:10 am

75 miles, thats a 2 hour logging road ride, hahaha dont get out much do we.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break in recommendations   Break in recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Break in recommendations
Page 1 of 1