Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Hello Everyone !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seabass

PostSubject: Hello Everyone !   Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Hey guys,

I am a new member and just want to say hi and that I picked up a new 2015 WR250R Friday and I am having a blast !

Any tips or recommendations having a new bike and going trough ''break in''

I am in the 20's from New-Brunswick, Canada

-Seabass

Back to top Go down
Evol

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone !   Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Welcome !!!

There are 2 train of thoughts on breaking-in a new bike: Baby it or beat the crap out of it. Both seem to work. Enjoy the ride!  thumb
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone !   Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Welcome to the club, the only thing I did was change the oil and oil filter 3 times in the first 1000km, just to get rid of the crap from the engine and clutch breaking in, its pretty hard to baby it for a long period of time, cheer`s from the west coast.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: welcome   Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:23 pm

+1 on what fiftygrit said...   new oil in the engine while all the parts are breaking in= better

I'm down in Sackville NB and ride a bit around Westmorland county but mostly in Northern Nova Scotia trails .
Back to top Go down
Seabass

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone !   Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Fiftygrit wrote:
Welcome to the club, the only thing I did was change the oil and oil filter 3 times in the first 1000km, just to get rid of the crap from the engine and clutch breaking in, its pretty hard to baby it for a long period of time, cheer`s from the west coast.

Hey Fiftygrit, I like the Idea of changing the oil and filter and making sure all the crap out.

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Seabass

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone !   Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:45 pm

rarepartbuilder wrote:
+1 on what fiftygrit said...   new oil in the engine while all the parts are breaking in= better

I'm down in Sackville NB and ride a bit around Westmorland county but mostly in Northern Nova Scotia trails .

I live in Fredericton, it's a bit too far to drive over there. I will be looking for a utility trailer next year and start exploring trails in NB.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone !   Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:22 pm

No problem, I still change mine about every 1000 to 1500 km cheap insurance, but I do about 60-40 dirt to road, if you slip the clutch lots in the bush the oil gets contaminated fairly fast and on these bikes you do that lots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone !   

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: