Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

'10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evol

Evol

'10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine? Empty
PostSubject: '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine?   '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:36 pm

First time having an issue with my '10 WRX.
I have done all the standard mods to it. FMF Powerbomb / Q4 / Programmer, AIS & EXUP delete, K&N filter, and just had the stator recall done about a month ago.

Yesterday I went for a ride with some guys (all street) and all was fine at first.
We stopped for fuel and to figure out which route to take next.
Bike would not start. I had to bump start it (rolling down a hill) and it started.
Rode for a bit more and it seemed fine. Stopped for lunch. Didn't want to restart on first try, but it did start after a couple tries.
Rode the next section and stopped to figure out our route. Had to roll it down a hill again to start. We decided to call it a day and ride home.
On the way, I had to stop it while on a ferry across a lake. Wouldn't restart, again... Pushed it off the ferry and up a hill (in full gear) so I could bump start it coming back down. It started and I made it to a gas station (light came on) and I had to stop the engine so I could remove the tank cap. It restarted by itself this time and I made it home.
When trying to start the engine, I did not hear the fuel pump prime itself. Was it already primed?
It would crank, but not start.
No error codes.
Once I got it running, it was fine as long as I didn't turn off the engine.

It was hot and humid yesterday. 40°C (104°F) and we were riding moving about 100km/h (60mph) most of the time. Fan never came on as far as I know (I checked a few times).

I tried it after work today and it started fine. Killed it and restarted it a few times to see if it would give me trouble. It started fine every time. Revved fine. No weird noises, etc..
Took the plastics off and can't see anything out of sorts. I will check the fuel filter and spark plug after work tomorrow.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine?   '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:45 am

Sounds like the fuel pumps on its way out from what i have read on the forums, but im kind of blowing smoke out my ass. some cheap pumps on the interweb, could change it, let us know what happens.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine?   '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 7:55 pm

I didn't check the fuel filter or spark plug tonight. Too tired. I think I'm starting a cold, haven't slept in a few days and I'm super busy at work. Fun stuff....
Gonna take a sleeping pill. Hopefully that'll knock me out so I can get some rest. Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine?   '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:51 am

A couple of large glasses of Scotch makes me sleep like a baby, hope you feel better, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine?   '10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine? Empty

Back to top Go down

'10 WRX hard to start, but runs fine?
Page 1 of 1