Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Allergic Bee/Wasp

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Seabass

Seabass

Allergic Bee/Wasp Empty
PostSubject: Allergic Bee/Wasp   Allergic Bee/Wasp EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 9:37 am

Hey guys,

Here is my little dilemma. I am allergic to bee/wasp sting and in the last 30 days I got stung twice on my bike. It's a pretty bad reaction that I have to spend a couple hours at the hospital...but no I won't stop riding ! :P

I am looking tips and idea to minimize the chance to get stung again. I am looking at getting a windshield and a set of hand guards but is there anything else I should be looking for.

I am also wearing a full motocross gear with my hockey neck protection to prevent bug from coming in through there.

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Allergic Bee/Wasp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allergic Bee/Wasp   Allergic Bee/Wasp EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Full face helmet, gloves, pants long sleeve coat, the less skin showing the less the chance of a sting, I have only been stung once in over 40 years of riding.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

Allergic Bee/Wasp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allergic Bee/Wasp   Allergic Bee/Wasp EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Get some proper gear. A riding jacket may be warmer than a motocross jersey, but I've been hit by large bugs including bubblebees at higher speeds, and while I feel the hit, I've never been stung so far. The jacket is just too thick for the stinger to get through.
FYI: My summer riding jacket is an armored, vented textile Alpinestars model. I can ride at slower speeds offroad without getting too hot.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Allergic Bee/Wasp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allergic Bee/Wasp   Allergic Bee/Wasp EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 4:02 pm

You gotta watch some of the gear that sticks up behind your neck for neck/back protection, my brother gets stung most rides in the middle of his back as bees/hornets hit his chest roll to his neck and get sucked down the back of his compression suit which sticks up behind his neck.
I haven't been stung in a few years, I wear a riding jacket or mx gear with my jersey over the chest protector so bees cant get under it.thumb
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Allergic Bee/Wasp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allergic Bee/Wasp   Allergic Bee/Wasp EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Yup riding gear works, the only time I was stung was riding my daughters scooter around town in a T shirt, right on the neck, if I had my Joe Rocket dual sport jacket on would not have stung me, hahaha but I was cool in my shorts and T doing 30mph hahaha
Back to top Go down
michiko

Allergic Bee/Wasp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allergic Bee/Wasp   Allergic Bee/Wasp EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 7:15 am

i keep bees and am so afraid of other bee sting s because of where i ride and live?

tip one before you ride in the morning, when you wash, dont use soap, shampoo or anything that smells nice or not bad. bees are very sensitive to scent and will get aroused in a bad way.

tip two, spray yourself with a vinegar water cocktail. i mean everywhere. bees and ants hate vinegar/

tip three. drink a water and vinegar solution from two days before your ride. or at least early in the morning.

tip four. cover your neck

tip five. cover your neck. bees seem to have a genetic memory as to where to attack humans.

tip six. don't kill or hit bees. they are natural communists. they protect their weakest and most vulnerable comrades. if you kill one or antagonize one, they omit hormones that attract other bees.

tip seven, don't worry bees do not have a natural fear or inclination to sting humans. if you leave them alone they will leave you alone.

tip eight. love bees. my bees often come and bite me to take minerals from my skin. don't fear.

you can dress up all you want but believe me the bees will find a way through if you piss them off. Ive got the full on bee keeper gear but they still find a way through.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Allergic Bee/Wasp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allergic Bee/Wasp   Allergic Bee/Wasp Empty

Back to top Go down

Allergic Bee/Wasp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: