Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tubliss question?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve74

Steve74

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Got a set of rims with tubliss system in them but the front wheel really bounces quite a bit feels like it is out of round. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or found a fix for it. Checked to make sure the bead was seated and see if the rim is bent but it all looks good.
Any ideas appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 12:16 am

Balance it...
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 2:20 am

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Balance it...

Ya. Short of using weights, using 4 to 6 fl oz of Quad Boss tire sealant in the tire will settle it down quite a bit.

But you can get some great weights here: http://stores.ebay.com/THE-REUSABLE-SPOKE-WEIGHT-STORE
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Thanks for that link Greenboy ! thumb
Have Tubliss on the rear of mine, with recommended amount/type sealant, but used stick on wheel weights, which don't last long after frequent mud baths and rinses.
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:15 pm

I don't even use weights on the back -- seems like 10oz of Quad Boss sealant took care of any imbalance back there. In the front where it probably matters more I used 5 or 6 oz and I could barely feel any oscillation, and two 1oz re-usable weights got that smooth -- so much better than it ever was with balanced Michelin AC10. The combination of all the above with Mitas E-07 does so well on the twisties and in town that it's almost shocking what they do at Tubliss pressures off-road! I'll never go back to knobbies for this area.
Back to top Go down
Steve74

Steve74

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:28 pm

I've ordered some wheel weights and have green slime in the wheels but still bounces. I put 3 oz of spoke weights on the front to balance it out it seems better but will need to fine tune it a bit I think. If not will go back to tubes. Anyone fill the bead lock hole in the rim before thinking about using a two part aluminum mixture for that.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:28 pm

So, how does the tubliss system holds pressure for you? That concern is the only thing keeping me away from purchasing a set...
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Seems like the back is going from 110psi to 100 after about a week though temperature is dropping so that may make the latter reading a little lower than it would be otherwise. The front needs a refill a day or two earlier.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 3:16 pm

The day they (Tubliss) produce a reliable hi-pressure tube, will swing the tide. Fortunately the one I have done (on the rear) takes almost 3 months to leak from 110 down to 80 psi. Not great, but no where near as bad as some. Found a 100psi status cap thingy to keep an eye on it. Works great. It's the one that goes from green to red as the pressure drops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tubliss question?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubliss question?    Tubliss question?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tubliss question?
Page 1 of 1