Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Been away for 5 years...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lancek

Been away for 5 years... Empty
PostSubject: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 12:12 am

Hi everyone I'm back after selling my last Wr in 2010 and I should be picking up my new 2015 Wr in a couple of weeks.

My last one was fairly stock with the usual protection bits plus 606's front and rear.

The new one is coming with FMF pipe and power bomb header and 13x47 setup and I will do the airbox mod and tail tidy when I get it home. Apart from some other mods in due course I have a query around tyres.

I was going to go 606's again but like the reviews of the mt43 and mt21 combination. I live in Darwin Australia and wet season is coming and will ride the bike 65% road when it's not raining and the rest in mainly rock and gravel environments. Road riding won't be over 100kph so any suggestions appreciated (even thought the Mitas?)

Will ride death wings for a week maybe :/ also deciding on the tank - then trip planning begins!
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 12:19 am

Welcome back. Know a fella in Brisbane that despises the WRR. Sounds like you're smarter than he ever will be deal
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 12:30 am

Haha :)

Another question I haven't chosen a programmer - have read some discussion around shortcomings compared to the PCV???
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 8:12 am

I'd run a mt21 front instead of the d606 anytime as its better every wheres, last about the same and is cheaper, so its a good choice for the front.

The mt43 rear works awesome on rocky stuff so it sounds like a winner for your terrain too.
Are motoz tyres cheap there? they're from there... If they are the mountain hybrid is as good or better than the mt43.

You get what you pay for with programmers, the pcv is the best and the fmf or its dobeck brothers are the cheapest, I have the fmf its works good enough for me, my bike has no hiccups or issues at all while riding but it would be a tiny bit more powerful with a perfectly tuned pcv.
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Thanks biglake great info chasing up the motoz tyres (looks like they are rear only?)

PCV it is then, my understanding is that has more detailed input across throttle range? Just don't want to be running lean

Cheers
Back to top Go down
dfoustou

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:11 pm

lancek wrote:
Hi everyone I'm back after selling my last Wr in 2010 and I should be picking up my new 2015 Wr in a couple of weeks.

My last one was fairly stock with the usual protection bits plus 606's front and rear.

The new one is coming with FMF pipe and power bomb header and 13x47 setup and I will do the airbox mod and tail tidy when I get it home. Apart from some other mods in due course I have a query around tyres.

I was going to go 606's again but like the reviews of the mt43 and mt21 combination. I live in Darwin Australia and wet season is coming and will ride the bike 65% road when it's not raining and the rest in mainly rock and gravel environments. Road riding won't be over 100kph so any suggestions appreciated (even thought the Mitas?)

Will ride death wings for a week maybe :/ also deciding on the tank - then trip planning begins!

+1 IMS 5 Gallon.
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 am

Just rode it home from the dealer :)

Spent the morning putting new sprockets and chain on 13/48 supersprox and gold xring chain

Got more bits coming (safari tank, gytr sump guard and license plate holder, bark buster ego, Dunlop 606 and brittanica shroud)

If only it wasn't so damn hot!
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 12:01 am

Defiantly get the PCV. Its a great product and there is a great map on here for a FMF Q4 and Megabomb by one of the members. Tuned in QLD and runs well for me.
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t11192-pcv-fuel-ignition-fuel-map-to-share

Price the PCV locally but I found the best deal was from USA. This was before the Aussie dollar went in the toilet though. Get the PCV with fuel and ignition. For comparison the PCV with fuel and ignition form Motomummy is $280 plus $40 international shipping prices in USD
https://www.motomummy.com/dynojet-powercommanders/dynojet-powercommander-v-dual-sport/dirt/

If you haven't committed to the Exhaust email Brad at ridersdicount also in the USA and get a price on what you want. If you spend over a certain amount ($400USD) you'll get free international shipping. The header and exhaust will be enough to get free shipping. Heaps cheaper than here but that was also when the AUD was higher. He can also get the Megabomb which he did for me with a simple email.
https://www.ridersdiscount.com/motorcycle-exhaust?search_text=wr250%20r%2Fx&order=popular&search_brand=362
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 3:15 am

Legend spearsie

Thanks mate
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 8:04 pm

Documenting all my changes and learnings here - I think a PCV is next, still waiting on bars and tank at the moment.

http://yamr2.blogspot.com.au/
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 8:27 pm

lancek wrote:
Documenting all my changes and learnings here - I think a PCV is next, still waiting on bars and tank at the moment.

http://yamr2.blogspot.com.au/

The blog looks good mate.
Try the TPS and idle adjustment in this forum the help with the jerkiness. Although once you put the PCV on and set the CO back to 0 it should be gone as well.
PCV with fuel and ignition was the best addition even with the stock exhaust it pulled harder and lugged better. Just using the map for a stock bike and with the flapper mod.

This Facebook group is also quite active and very helpful
https://m.facebook.com/groups/108703559148407?ref=bookmarks
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 10:39 pm

Definitely going the PCV - ridersdiscount.com is definitely the ticket as you say, even after shipping to oz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been away for 5 years...   Been away for 5 years... Empty

Back to top Go down

Been away for 5 years...
Page 1 of 1