Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR Rebound knob

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rustydog

WRR Rebound knob Empty
PostSubject: WRR Rebound knob   WRR Rebound knob EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Greetings group. Noob WRR owner.
Can someone explain to me how the rebound knob is controlling the shock? I am not seeing how the knob down on the bottom of the shaft is interacting with any valving of the shock.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

WRR Rebound knob Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Rebound knob   WRR Rebound knob EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:34 pm

firm, clockwise, slower to extend after a bump

soft, counter clockwise, quicker to extend after a bump

the knob is connected thru the shaft and changes the size of oil hole (valve) on the rebound stroke

Last edited by TwoBuells on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rustydog

WRR Rebound knob Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Rebound knob   WRR Rebound knob EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:39 pm

Thanks TwoBuells.
I understand what rebound dampening does. But I am not seeing how it works. I could understand if the Rebound was up somewhere near the Compression dampening adjustment. But the Rebound is on what I am considering just the dead end of the shock shaft.
Yes I am new to motorcycle suspension.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

WRR Rebound knob Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Rebound knob   WRR Rebound knob EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:45 pm

I've been into my shock a few times and did install a Race Tech Gold Valve and changed my shims many times till I got it right.

there is a good "sticky" in the suspension section on shock rebuilding with some cool pics
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

WRR Rebound knob Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Rebound knob   WRR Rebound knob EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:50 pm

the rebound would have to control the oil flow near the shim stack and that is at the top of the shock near the compression adj also.

I think the knob connected to a rod inside the shaft that controls a opening near or in the shim stack
Back to top Go down
Biglake

WRR Rebound knob Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Rebound knob   WRR Rebound knob EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:40 pm

The rod the shim stack sits on is hollow with holes in it under the shim stack and oil flows through it when the shock is rebounding and some goes through while its compressing. Rebound dampening is two part what the shims control and how much oil flows through the bypass in the shaft, the rebound adjuster closes off the oil flow through the shaft controlling how much oil bypasses the shim stack.

This is why you cant run that adjuster less than 3 turns from seated as oil wont flow through the shaft binding up the shock and why the compression gets stiffer when you crank the rebound in.

I hope I splained this clear nuff.thumb
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

WRR Rebound knob Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Rebound knob   WRR Rebound knob EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Biglake wrote:
The rod the shim stack sits on is hollow with holes in it under the shim stack and oil flows through it when the shock is rebounding and some goes through while its compressing. Rebound dampening is two part what the shims control and how much oil flows through the bypass in the shaft, the rebound adjuster closes off the oil flow through the shaft controlling how much oil bypasses the shim stack.

This is why you cant run that adjuster less than 3 turns from seated as oil wont flow through the shaft binding up the shock and why the compression gets stiffer when you crank the rebound in.

I hope I splained this clear nuff.thumb  
bow

nice thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WRR Rebound knob Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Rebound knob   WRR Rebound knob Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR Rebound knob
Page 1 of 1