Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Need help.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
250wrx

PostSubject: Need help.   Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:46 am

So today I finally got around installing my new front and rear sprockets, with a new chain. But we ran into a few problems and I wasn't able to install everything.

First thing when we took off sprocket nut, it seemed to have cross threaded. So now i need to order a new one, anyone know a website that sells a replacement?

Secondly when I compared the old 12 sprocket with the new 13 tooth Primary Drive sprocket, the primary drive one looked alot bigger then the old one. Can anyone with a primary drive sprocket confirm that model#:3R4-13 fits the Wr250r.

Another question, what are the torque specs for sprocket nut, rear sprocket bolts and rear axle bolt?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Need help.   Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:14 am

Rear axel nut 125Nm
Sprocket bolts 35Nm
Front sprocket nut 95Nm
Back to top Go down
250wrx

PostSubject: Re: Need help.   Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:19 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Need help.   Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Ebay listings for this sprocket indicate this is for for YZ250F or WR250F. There's no mention of WR250R.

The thread linked below indicated that WR250F and WR250R sprockets aren't interchangeable.

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5p40-chains-and-sprockets

Back to top Go down
250wrx

PostSubject: Re: Need help.   Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:12 pm

@wwguy your right, the ebay seller I bought it from had it listed that it would fit YZ250F YZ125 WR250F WR250R WR250X.
Messaged the seller but doubt they send me the right size one because I ordered it almost 3 months ago. But found the right size JT sprocket on amazon, so now I just have to order the sprocket nut.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Need help.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:06 am

I bought both of my JT sprockets from Amazon, using part numbers from JT's website, and they worked great.

Here's one source for your nut:
http://www.partspitstop.com/oemparts/a/yam/5004d508f87002275461cef2/transmission
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Need help.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Back to top Go down
250wrx

PostSubject: Re: Need help.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:39 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:

Yep, previous owner changed the sprocket before.  Glad just the nut was cross threaded and not the shaft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help.   

Back to top Go down

Need help.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sprockets and Chains-
Jump to: