Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bike won't start after riding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zdenton

Bike won't start after riding  Empty
PostSubject: Bike won't start after riding    Bike won't start after riding  EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:15 am

Here is the problem: My 2011 WR250R will cold start without an issue, but will not start after riding for a short period of time. I have a brand new battery, spark plug, and stator coil installed as the aforementioned part was replaced due to a safety recall. It seems that something is getting hot while riding and then will not restart as a result. Please help!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Bike won't start after riding    Bike won't start after riding  EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:52 am

Is the fuel pump making a whirr noise when you turn the key on after its hot?
This is a symptom of a bad fuel pump, they will work when cold and keep running until you shut the bike off hot.
Back to top Go down
zdenton

PostSubject: Re: Bike won't start after riding    Bike won't start after riding  EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 am

I do not hear anything abnormal when I try to restart; however, I will ride it for a bit this afternoon about 3:00 o'clock and let you know if I hear anything running when I try to restart. Thanks, Zac
Back to top Go down
zdenton

PostSubject: Re: Bike won't start after riding    Bike won't start after riding  EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:50 am

My bike would not crank yesterday. The last time I rode was Tuesday afternoon for about (1) hour. The bike would not crank afterwards. Generally after sitting for (?) amount of time my bike will restart, but the bike has not cranked since Tuesday afternoon and would not crank yesterday as I stated earlier. Clueless!!! I may try and get the bike to the shop today and mention the fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
zdenton

PostSubject: Re: Bike won't start after riding    Bike won't start after riding  EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:59 am

I just spoke with a local cycle shop, and the manager priced a yamaha fuel pump at $393.00 dollars!!!!! please help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike won't start after riding    Bike won't start after riding  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike won't start after riding
Page 1 of 1