Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wrench-less Seat Bolts

Go down 
+4
Jens Eskildsen
Evol
rarepartbuilder
Mozart 2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mozart 2

Wrench-less Seat Bolts Empty
PostSubject: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 5:20 pm

I tend to remove the seat very frequently, so I 3D-printed some custom seat bolts.

Wrench-less Seat Bolts Photo_17

Wrench-less Seat Bolts Photo_18
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:19 pm

That is an AWESOME idea !!!!  thumb
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:57 am

agreed with EVOL .thumb  even better ..would save humping over to find the bolt head amongst the dirt on the off road units. For anyone that doesn't have a 3d printer get a buddy to weld a wingnut to the seat bolt heads..one or two sizes larger to get some real estate to hang on to like Mozart has.

thanks for posting up
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:43 pm

I used a quik-release from a Suzuki B-King. Screwed stud/plate to the seat pan, and the cable latch secured to the sub-frame through two existing bolt holes near the ECU, as if it was made for it. The pull cable sits right on the outside of the stock tool-kit, and it literally takes 1/2 second to unlatch the seat, and 1/2 second to re-seat it.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Ziabeam wrote:
I used a quik-release from a Suzuki B-King. Screwed stud/plate to the seat pan, and the cable latch secured to the sub-frame through two existing bolt holes near the ECU, as if it was made for it. The pull cable sits right on the outside of the stock tool-kit, and it literally takes 1/2 second to unlatch the seat, and 1/2 second to re-seat it.

Pics or it didn't happen... :hmmm: Very happy
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 8:22 am

I just use some wingbolts (on all my bikes), simular til wing-nuts, just on a bolt Very happy Cheap s hell, and easy to use.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 7:58 pm

scratch Why are you getting under the seat so frequently? deal
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 10:47 am

DRD fiddling, spare key under there, cleaning after mudding, gawking at the flappers and doo-dads after reading about mods to airbox (have yet to mimic the mod), seat comes off to install long range seat pad, also comes off to remove same pad for trail rides, figured any time the seat needs to come off would be nice to do it lickity split. Also have an interrupter switch under there for anti-theft enhancement... damn now I have to kill you, unless you can keep a secret.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 10:03 pm

LOL good one. Guess after owning the bike for four years now and have done all the farkling and mods, I don't get under there too much anymore. Kinda like the whole marriage thing LOL. Just twice a year to service air filter.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 10:26 am

The best place for a spare key is in the air box for me anyway!! Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Evol wrote:
Ziabeam wrote:

Pics or it didn't happen... :hmmm: Very happy
Here ya go;

Latch from Suzuki B-King
Wrench-less Seat Bolts B-king10

Pull cable routed to left side near tool kit;
Wrench-less Seat Bolts Pull_c10

Home made stainless post plate and titanium posts screwed to stock seat pan;
Wrench-less Seat Bolts Seat_p10
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 2:37 pm

^^^

Wrench-less Seat Bolts GbThumbsUp
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Pics with seat mounted;

Wrench-less Seat Bolts 10281510

Wrench-less Seat Bolts 10281511
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 2:51 pm

My earlier post was misleading. The latch mech is attached via two holes near ECU, same exact holes that attach the rear fender to the sub-frame. The bottom of the latch post holes are where the mounting screws are located (almost out of view unless you are looking straight down into those holes), and they are the exact location of the fender mounting screws.... not to be confused with the two latch mech upper plate mounting screws which are in diagonal arrangement. The pull cable is routed through the fender panel, and zip tied to the sub-frame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrench-less Seat Bolts   Wrench-less Seat Bolts Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrench-less Seat Bolts
Page 1 of 1