Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Go Race Suspension

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr, Go Race

PostSubject: Go Race Suspension   Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:47 am

Hey All,

I have had the pleasure of working on several WR s. Working towards getting the
suspension dialed . We are here to help you and your suspension.

Thanks
Travis Jones
www.go-race.com
540-392-0696

Last edited by Mr, Go Race on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Travis - Whats the cost for having the suspension reworked and how long does it take? I'm looking to do the Sandblast Rally in February and if I enjoy it a few other RallyMoto's next year, it would be awesome to have the suspension set up properly.

Last edited by skierd on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Perhaps it is spam to post the same message 3 times to the same forum.

I did have the rare pleasure of flogging HighFive's WRR this weekend on some nasty rocks near Clayton, OK.
I am pretty sure that this is the guy that re-valved HF's forks and shock.

First, we found a nice rocky hill climb.
We traded bikes and rode to the top and back down. Then we got back on our own bikes and did the same climb a second time.
It was great to get a side-by-side comparison of my stock suspension and HF's modified suspension. Needless to say, HF's forks and shock work SOOO much better than stock it was incredible. All the other mods on our bikes are very similar, same gearing, same exhaust, same fuel programmer, we even have the same handle bars...

I'll post more on this topic soon...
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:25 pm

It is the same guy that setup HF's suspension, HF talks about him in his "Suspension 101" tech guild.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Travis,
What's your turn around time for a fork and shock revalve?
Back to top Go down
BPG

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:58 pm

costs:
http://www.go-race.com/offroad.html

FWIW:

I've been on other forums that were able get 5, 10, 15, whatever members together in a "group buy" from certain vendors (suspension service/components/tires/exhaust/etc..) for some really amazing discounts.

Maybe Travis would be interested in a forum discount, or occasional "group buys", both of which are beneficial to vendors (guaranteed busine$$!) and riders (saved $$!)?
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Hello People,

I would be very interested in getting a group discount in place on here. Give me a number of suspension jobs and I will gladly give huge discounts...
I have all internal parts in stock.
Note; stock shock springs rates are good for 175 to 200lb riders. I have resource for lots of other rates to fit any size rider. We also offer custom internal suspension lowering for the vertical challenged.
One of the most important updates I preform to a stock WRR shock is to replace the extremely poor design seal head assembly with a KYB component. This really makes a difference with shock performance along with being rebuildable into the future. The stock seal head shaft clearance is way out of spec on the show room floor. This will cause a sticky action along with short seal life. Also the stock seal head seal is not available anywhere I have looked.
"{Yamaha North America" has No Idea who even makes the shock.\ "China no name shock" is what I have been calling it.

I will post a quote in the vender section.
Turn around is now at 2 days... Suspension service is my top priority.
Back to top Go down
Addicted

PostSubject: Sent you an email   Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Travis, I sent you and email.

Help me with my suspension before I trade for a KTM!
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:14 pm

i might be interested in the group buy. how will that work since we live all over the world/country? will we have to send them in all at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:52 pm

Well how about everybody call me this week, or email me even better. I will get the total number of jobs then quote a price per job.
We will end the list entree 1/3/10 . That will give you all time to coordinate.
sound good?

Travis Jones
Go Race Inc.
suspension@go-race.com
540-392-0696
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:09 pm

@ Go Race........

Can you provide more details on what specifically you do as part of a shock / fork service ? You mentioned the seal head assembly for the shock. Anything else ? Do you change out the valves as well as the shims in the forks ?

As far as pricing, how much for the fork and shock rebuilds without the group discount ?

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:30 am

"{Yamaha North America" has No Idea who even makes the shock.\ "China no name shock" is what I have been calling it.

I think its made by SOQI
Soqi is the company Ohlins formed when they wanted to sell shocks as OEM parts on Yamaha
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:27 am

Soqi was my guess, too.
They've been using those on a lot of their bikes for about ten years, now.
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:25 pm

SOQI is correct... I have since found that out myself. I called Ohlins and they state that SOQI is a Japanese company who only supplies Ohlins with a few choice parts. They are not affiliated other than that. They do in fact supply Yamaha with shocks on some of there bikes, mainly street.
Its not a bad shock, it just needs a lot of help...

The shock in stock form is roughly half full of oil and the other is air. Not good...That is 8 out of 8 WR shocks...
The stock seal head is out of shaft to bushing spec. "Has slop on the shaft" around .005"...
I replace the seal head with a KYB unit, 2 reasons. To eliminate the clearance issue and to be rebuild-able in the future.
I do a complete revalve on Compression and rebound sides of the stock piston. I do surface the piston along with removing casting flaws.
Same with the forks as far as valving. I do replace the base valve assembly to increase the flow, I set up the valving to control the flow, obtaining increased traction and control.'

Follow this link for retail pricing, which includes springs(only if needed)

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/vendor-deals-f14/go-race-suspension-and-more-t1321.htm

Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business..
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks for the info. Two more questions :

1) Is the new valving more "off road" oriented ? I ask because I have an X that goes back and forth between 17 inch motard wheels and 18/21's for the dirt.

2) Can you do up a parts only kit ? Shipping from Canada can be a pain and I have a local guy who can do the work.

Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:42 am

Yes, on off road oriented. "But it works really well on carving up the paved road too."
Its a system that really works everywhere, that is based on testing I have preformed along with feed back from other riders.

Um on parts only, that is something I have done. But the bleeding procedure is very unique on the shock. That is a very important part of a good suspension job. This shock has a bladder system that has to be tweaked during bleeding. I can not really explain the process.
The whole shock process is very unique. I would prefer in house on the shock.
The forks, yes we can part it to you no problem.

I have had luck with Shipping from Canada shipping as a gift through customs.
That seems to be the best way. I had some cams ground by a Canadian a few years back and that is how we got it done.
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:34 pm

email sent to sign up for discount.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:12 am

Travis's turn around time was very tight, A+ on that.
I have my suspenders bolted back on and just waiting on a few final bits to finish it all up.
As soon as I get a chance to do some hard riding, I'll post up my feedback. I have already emailed many of you my feelings after trying HF's "Go-Race" set-up. We did a fun side-by-side comparison to the stock set up and the difference was amazing. Felt like two different bikes. Needless to say, I can't wait to test it out on my own bike..... stay tuned....

It is coming together, slowly....

Back to top Go down
BPG

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 pm

B - what'd you get done exactly, how much was it, and how do ya like it??
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 pm

BPG, based on my emails with Travis (owner of Go-Race), everything HighFive had done runs ~$650. This assumes you're not a fat body (ie over 210lbs or so) as the bike is sprung for 180-200ish lb riders, so you keep the stock springs. If you need or want more spring, its another $225 or so. I'd just email Travis for details

I just got back from the UPS store where I shipped my forks and shocks to Go-Race for the HighFive treatment. Can't wait to get them back and put them to the test. Very happy
Back to top Go down
matttys

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 pm

I've been talking to Travis and just wanted to see if anyone has any follow up info/reviews in the last month or so [given you aren't now riding in 3' of snow!]
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:07 pm

matttys wrote:
I've been talking to Travis and just wanted to see if anyone has any follow up info/reviews in the last month or so [given you aren't now riding in 3' of snow!]

I'll let you know as soon as I get mine back
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey all, we just launch our new Web site today...
It is still a work in progress, but arent they all?

Check out;
www.go-race.com

I have continued the evolution of testing on the WR's over this winter and have been getting feed back and making very small inturnal ajustments to continue the mission of Amazing suspension.
Note to all; We offer Free updates on suspension service. We offer a guarantee on all Suspension service. You can't Go Wrong with Go Race suspension...
Back to top Go down
matttys

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Cool - the website finally works
Back to top Go down
willcp00

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Has anyone ever attempted a re-valve of their own shock and forks? It doesn't look like it would be that hard if you knew what valving to purchase...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go Race Suspension   

Back to top Go down

Go Race Suspension
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next