Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beer goggle

beer goggle

Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different? Empty
PostSubject: Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?   Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Had the bike for 18 months now and have been happy with the stock suspension settings. I've had to take Mrs Beer Goggle as pillion these past couple of days while my GS is being 'fixed' so I thought I'd have a looksee at the settings seeing as theres that extra load on back. I turned the compression screw on the gas shock thing only to be surprised that it turned 3 or 4 turns in total. I couldn't really feel much of a difference when I got on and 'bounced'?

The manual says 12 turns.....mine does a 1/4 that. What's going on, am I missing something or are Euro/Oz bikes different??
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?   Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:33 pm

12 turns or 12 clicks?
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?   Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 2:14 am

I misquoted, the manual does indeed say 12 clicks. However, I didn't hear or feel a significant 'click' while turning. Do I need to get my ear closer and listen carefully?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?   Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 6:06 am

Yes.
You should be able to hear and/or feel a detent for each click.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?   Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 6:42 am

If you turn slowly you can feel some small changes/notches about every 1/4 turn. It doesnt really click like a safe does in the movies, but you can feel the "clicks"
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?   Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 8:42 am

Sweet, will check it out when I get home...thanks! Guess I should stop being a heavy handed oaf and try using a little finesse on occasion dutch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?   Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear compression....Euro/Oz bikes different?
Page 1 of 1