Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Waterpump oil seal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptTurbo

Waterpump oil seal Empty
PostSubject: Waterpump oil seal   Waterpump oil seal EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi gang. Their was a discussion in "What Broke?" https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t4395-engine-noise-please-listen - where a good many WRR/X owners have run into a strange noise and that thread seams to have possibly chased it down.
My question to the community is: Have any of you replaced this seal? Is it a simple task to do at home without special tools? My bike is scheduled to go to the dealer tomorrow for the stater recall so I'd like to know if I should have them do the seal too or if I should be able to easily do it myself? Thanks for any insight..
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

Waterpump oil seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterpump oil seal   Waterpump oil seal EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 2:32 pm

OK, lots of views but no replies. To update: I just got back from having the stator replaced at the dealer and had them listen to that funky sound which seems to be the water pump / seal thing. So anywho ... I will list the part numbers for anyone else who might be looking at the same problem and the dealer prices.

Seal - 93103-10011-00 $27.99
Bearing - 93306-90001-00 $38.99

Labor for them to do it is $98.00

My stator, at 6435 miles, actually didn't look too bad. Four or five coils showed some darkening but I think I was a long way from failure. It's nice to have that squared away in any case. CT
Back to top Go down
Plebeian

Plebeian

Waterpump oil seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterpump oil seal   Waterpump oil seal EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Did you have the noise? Did you replace the seal?

I'm looking at either doing it, or having it done, to see if it affects the noise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waterpump oil seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterpump oil seal   Waterpump oil seal Empty

Back to top Go down

Waterpump oil seal
Page 1 of 1