Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

First 1000hrs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

First 1000hrs Empty
PostSubject: First 1000hrs   First 1000hrs EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 6:47 am

Well people, after a few teething problems my long-suffering WR-R has its first 1000 hours behind it. That equates to about 19,000km.

Worst problem for me? Undoubtedly fuel pumps. For example, it was 45degC today, shade temp. This equated to a peak 58degC in the sun (I have an ambient temp sender for my GPS), which is, of course, where my bike and I operate. Longer-term average was around 55degC. The fuel tank gets so hot that it's uncomfortable on my legs, even though I wear work pants (lucky it's plastic). I think I'm crazy to do this job. So imagine how a fuel pump feels!

Stators have been another issue, but their work environment is far worse. Maybe the new one will last. Bear in mind that my old TTR250 has suffered all this and much more, air-cooled and all, without any stator failures. Pickups, yes, but stators seem pretty good.

But tomorrow is another day, a cool change has arrived, and it's supposed to reach a much better 31deg. I hope my WR's second 1000hrs is better than the first! Poor bike.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

First 1000hrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000hrs   First 1000hrs EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:27 pm

All I can say is sunscreen, lots of it, man that is hot.
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

First 1000hrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000hrs   First 1000hrs EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 7:24 am

Yep, you're right there! We wear bandanas under our helmets, long-sleeved shirts and I use a T-shirt under the work one to stop the sun-heated material bearing directly on my feeble hide.

[img]First 1000hrs Img_0213[/img]

Back to top Go down
RoundPonda

First 1000hrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000hrs   First 1000hrs EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Man, that is HOT...!!! For those of us in the States, here is a handy converter... Use it for degrees C to F or F to C... http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First 1000hrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000hrs   First 1000hrs Empty

Back to top Go down

First 1000hrs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: