Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Easy plug cap removal.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

Easy plug cap removal. Empty
PostSubject: Easy plug cap removal.   Easy plug cap removal. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:32 pm

Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned somewhere.

My plug cap is really hard to remove at times. I cranked up my compressor, disconnected the coil lead, and using the airblast nozzle shot a quick blurt into the head breather hole. Cap popped right out.

Good idea to cover the area with folded rag to stop any violence in case of excessive air. You don't want to send the unit into orbit.
Back to top Go down
MixieSTX

Easy plug cap removal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy plug cap removal.   Easy plug cap removal. EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 pm

No luck with blowing air in the hole on the right side of the cylinder. No luck in prying with a wrench -- getting nervous the plastic would break.

My 2 cents... : slide a small but strong string underneath the rubber seal (prying it gently with a screwdriver). When you have it all the way around, cross the two ends of the string... pull.
Cotton string works well as there is no way it will cut through the rubber seal.
Back to top Go down

Easy plug cap removal.
Page 1 of 1