Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Exan

Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions Empty
PostSubject: Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions   Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Heyo,

I'm a 18 years old guy from Germany and i want to buy a used 2008 Yamaha WR 250 X in some weeks.
I have some questions before buying it, maybe you guys can help me Very happy
I already saw that its possible to use the Q4 with the stock header, just wanted to make sure if its also possible with the Powercore 4? (Going to buy a Megabomb header and Programmer some months later ofc.)
What size is the handlebar? I wanted to buy a 28 millimeter Zap handlebar, does it fit or do i have to change some things?
Also, is the power really getting boring after some time? Currently im riding on a Yamaha DT 125 with Full Power (about 21-23hp), so i guess there will be a big difference on the WR250X?

sorry for my stupid questions and my not perfect english haha Very happy

Thanks!
-Exan
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions   Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:24 pm

The OEM bars are 7/8" (22mm) There are aftermarket handlebar mounts available that will run the 1 1/8" (28mm) bars. I would go with the PCV programmer before the pipes, but even before that do the air-box mod and play with your CO&TPS settings.
Back to top Go down
Exan

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions   Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Thanks for the reply!
alright, i'll think about it.. the airbox mod is one of the first things i wanted to do Very happy
is there a tutorial how to change the CO&TPS settings and what effect it has?

Thank you!
-Exan
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions   Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:45 pm

Yes I remember finding a Youtube video that was very helpful in walking you through not only the air-box mod process, but the ais removal and co tuning as well. With that in mind I would wait on the AIS removal until after you have replaced your pipe. As far as the tps you will likely need to take it to a Yamaha dealer to have them re-teach the ecm the tps settings. I work at one so it was a fairly simple lunch project for me

Last edited by YAMAHA11.10.1775 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exan

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions   Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:49 pm

im pretty sure i saw that video too, i'll take a look, thank you Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions   Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Powercore 4 with Stock header + Questions
Page 1 of 1