Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

bike hold down for transporting...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: bike hold down for transporting...    Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:05 am

I'm always looking for a better way to secure the bike while transporting it in/on a trailer. This ratchet strap system looks to be the cats meow... also would be easy to fab up a homemade unit with some 5/16 " diameter rods....lurk ....deal

link -> HERE <-
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: bike hold down for transporting...    Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:43 pm

If you want a better way to transport, cut a 4X4 to a length that just fits between the top of the tire and the bottom of the triple clamp, then when you cinch it down your using the tire to hold it up and not WaNkInG out your springs.

I'm at work so I don't have my WR here to see if anything is at the bottom of the triple to stop the above.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: bike hold down for transporting...    Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:52 pm

I,ve been using the wood block method between the tire and triple tree/ fender area and it works pretty good.

The  kya site also sells front  wheel chalks  it's  posted  in the link step one ...

quote:

"The front wheel should be positioned so that the bike cannot roll forward and the bike's steering cannot turn. It is also recommended that a tie of some form be fitted to prevent the front wheel from bouncing vertically and/or horizontally during transport."

unquote

For me i would like to speed up and streamline the loading process so i'll make one of the rear wheel hold downs as shown ... i'm too cheap to pay over 100.00 for pre assembled ratchet straps and some steel rod. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
foofighter

PostSubject: Re: bike hold down for transporting...    Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:06 am

If you have deep pockets Pit Bull has a really amazing product to secure the bike without the need to use any straps or tie downs.

http://www.pit-bull.com/product/F0075DN-000.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bike hold down for transporting...    

Back to top Go down

bike hold down for transporting...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1