Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?

Go down 
+4
michiko
YAMAHA11.10.1775
Fiftygrit
Janet from Joisey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
YAMAHA11.10.1775

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? Empty
PostSubject: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Hey I have been browsing around for a while and stumbled across someone on here using the lynx fairing from Britania Composites. I was curious who else may be running these fairings and how people like them? I put my dear WINona through the full dual-sport paces with a lot of moto-commuting and taking advantage of off-road short-cuts. it often takes long weekend strolls through the woods of the PNW and occasionally longer trips out of state. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:36 am

The Lynx R looks good with ample binnacle room...

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/index.php/productmenu/lynx-r

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? Lynx-R-G650-BMWs-800

- JfJ
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 pm

I agree, but I want to hear from people who have purchased it and how well it has worked for them.
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 am

Wow - sportbikertony has one.  Hey Tony! What's the story? YAMAHA11.10.1775 really wants to know!

https://2img.net/h/i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae17/sportbikertony/Misc%20bikes/WR250R/null_zps0eaf1531.jpg

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? Null_zps0eaf1531
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm sorry if you interpreted my response as rude. But close to $600 bucks is a lot of money to drop on something I have only seen pictures of. Forgive me for wanting some insight. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:02 pm

Not rude at all. User feedback is priceless.  I only meant to bump your thread & add a bit of pizazz with a photo or two.  Yeah, $600 is a big investment.  I gave the Lynx a long look, too.  Very nice piece.  I'd get one if I had the $$. but my wallet tells me to go with one of the add-on windshields from Cee Bailey or ScreensForBikes - cheers, JfJ
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Yeah I can certainly understand that.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:40 pm

I went c baily as I crash a lot, nobody needs to see a grown man cry when he breaks a $600 dollar fairing.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 8:28 am

ive got one. looks good and the lighting is great and far superior but i dont believe it to be fit for purpose in regards to weather protection. I don't notice any difference to stock.
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks Michiko, is the install much of a task or is it fairly easy?
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 8:40 pm

it depends if you move the key lock onto the dashboard or not. if you decide not to move it, the lock is somewhat inaccessible. there is another company that offers a front fairing for the wr250r. when i brake this one i will go that route as it looks way cooler.
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Oh? Which fairing is that just for curiosity sake
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:02 pm

cant remember of hat but it can be found on adv rider. its universal but has been fitted to our bike and it looks a much more simple affair and very cool
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:35 pm

Is this the one you had in mind?  http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=HDB_Rallye_Lite

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? 500s-X2_01a
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 5:33 am

I think so without looking further
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:41 am

This windshield was used successfully by Tewster2 on his trip from NC to Alaska, "Madstad 20 inch “adventure” model windshield.........NO wind buffeting"  

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/tiny-bike-to-alaska-2016.1116055/

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.3337/.f

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? Img_0725-jpg

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? Img_0720-jpg
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:58 am

if you dont care what it looks like and you get a seperate lighting solution it looks like the way to go. personally i think its aesthetically not very desirable at all to put it very politely,. or it makes the bike look shit. it would suit a cruiser.
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:58 pm

I agree...the Madstad is butt ugly.  The dilemma always seems to be fashion vs function GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
garbo91

garbo91

PostSubject: lynx availability   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:04 pm

in case anyone is wondering I emailed Ian at Britannica composites asking where i can get a Lynx and not a Lynx R t\here is the response

Hi,

I’m sorry that the original Lynx for the WR is discontinued now. It looks like any other Lynx model, but it was actually a different mold to fit the WR and when it got worn out we didn’t replace it because the orders had dried up when the R became available.

I know looks are an individual thing, but the Lynx R is a much better fairing all round and particularly on the WR where the original was a bit of a pain to fit. Actually, the original Lynx on all models will shortly discontinue as the sales have virtually stopped as we brought more Lynx R models into production these past few months.

Regards
Ian Banbury
Britannia Composites Ltd

Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 1:32 pm

YAMAHA11.10.1775 wrote:
I'm sorry if you interpreted my response as rude. But close to $600 bucks is a lot of money to drop on something I have only seen pictures of. Forgive me for wanting some insight. Rolling Eyes

THIS IS A SICK SETUP
Back to top Go down
chottinger83

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Not the best photos, I know, but I just recently got the Lynx R fairing. I'm going to tell you straight up, money well spent. Between the lighting upgrade, the wind protection, and the larger dash, it's perfect. They actually upgraded the stock lighting since when I got it, but if you happen to get the halogen low/LED high, it's amazing. The low halogen versus the stock high beam is night and day, no pun intended. The led high beam is just a freakin' spot light, so don't mistake it for some run of the mill headlight. It illuminates basically everything in its path, and all around it.

Unless you want to trim your $600 fairing, you will have to buy new turn signals, but between the ease of installation and removal, and the handy wiring harnesses that they include, it's really not hard.

The next thing to address I suppose would be the wind protection. I'm a bigger guy, at 6'2", so nothing is going to go over my head without being as tall as the bike, or at least that's how it feels. The windscreen takes off most of the wind force from my chest. I can basically cruise at the upper limits of my stock gearing and power without feeling any fatigue whatsoever. That seems to be one of your biggest targets with this fairing, and it does it well. I can also push it down all the way when I'm offroad, though I don't think it needs to be pushed down more than half way, because I still like some wind protection. All the way up offroad seems to get in the way of my helmet bill and I have to look through it in front of me.

On a combined note, the addition of a dash, though not fully utilized at this point, is nice. It's hard to judge where to mount things that it won't get in the way of the fairing, but that's just me. I can mount a RAM mount, and a switch and a dual USB charger. That's not all I want to add, but that's what I've got so far. The customer service from them is just perfect as well. Ian has been a huge help with most every problem that has ever come up, and for that I'm thankful.
I suggest that you do consider that it costs $600, but that it's worth a heck of a lot more than that. The craftsmanship is great.
Back to top Go down
chottinger83

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:37 pm

You're not getting any pictures from me through this forum. I have some decent shots that might help you, but you'll have to PM me and hope that they upload that way.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 10:25 pm

I have the Lynx fairing. The original model.

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? 1d1

It is not cheap.  But I have been very pleased with the purchase.  The post above hits it spot on.
- Knocks most of the wind pressure off when riding highway.
- I have HID lights.  They are great!
- Dash board is a nice . Mounted my GPS on there with a RAM mount and it is in a perfect position.

I like the look of the new R model.  

I am glad I got his item.  It was worth it to me to have a well thought out solution. I did not relocate the key switch and that has not been a big issue.  It is a bit of a pain though.  I did not have to trim my fairing due to turn signals. Must have got lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?   LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM? Empty

Back to top Go down

LYNX FAIRING, WHO'S GOT EM?
Page 1 of 1