Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R

Go down 
+2
Caldsy
fijiman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fijiman

Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:19 am

I am preparing my bike for an upcoming adventure trip (about 10 days), and was hoping to installing some fog light for better visibility. I do not want to put too much strain on the charging system, it will be switched and I already have LED signals installed.
Are there any LED fog lights that works well with the WRR? I did a search but could not find any...

Appreciate any help!
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:34 am

Probably the cheapest and most effective would be a Cree LED bulb replacement. It will help but still not as good as a BAJA LED system etc (those retail over $200). this Bulb is in the neighborhood of $60. It's plug and Play.

Cyclops 3800 Lumen LED bulb

If you search this forum you will find others that have installed this and are very happy with the outcome for the $.

Back to top Go down
Boardhead

Boardhead

PostSubject: Re: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 am

Fijiman

Here are the lights that I ordered for my new WRR last night. They are the same as I run on my DRZ400S and on my R1200GS for conspicuity. They are suitable for daylight use so others will notice you. I only use them at night with the high beams, as like other cheap LEDs, they are not focused and can blind oncoming cars at night. They only pull 10 watts each, so they are a non issue to your 350+ watt stator.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400877671352?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is the harness I ordered that was recommended by Webbikeworld. In reality, you would not need a relay as you are only drawing 20 watts, or about 1.5 amps, and any switch that you buy will be rated higher than that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O72R7Z8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

This is my 5th install of these lights and I have never had an issue.

Boardhead
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:29 am

I bought a couple of these on Amazon for about $20 each, but only use one of them..
Used the included mount to fasten to the hand guard bolt.

If you want them for fog specifically though, you may prefer a lower mounting point, perhaps where the reflectors attach to the sides of the forks.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MP08TOC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R 2015-110

The light it puts out is very impressive after dark thumb

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 9:12 pm

I have these lights, they're 10 watts each, you could mount them lower if you wanted, I like them up high so I don't smash them offroad.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/17/97/50/10/dscn0011.jpg

They're brighter than the 18 watt bar in the last post, my brother runs one of those.
Back to top Go down
fijiman

PostSubject: Re: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks for all the replies.... I am looking into these options... I like to be seen during the day you and the cool factor these LEDs offer
Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

PostSubject: Re: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Biglake wrote:
I have these lights, they're 10 watts each, you could mount them lower if you wanted, I like them up high so I don't smash them offroad.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/17/97/50/10/dscn0011.jpg

They're brighter than the 18 watt bar in the last post, my brother runs one of those.

what are these mounted to ?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 8:37 pm

I have them mounted to a strip of 1/4 inch thick alum that's about 3/4 by 1 1/2 inches with a hole at each end then bolted on with the top triple clamp bolt.

I tried to put them on without brackets but they hit the other triple clamp bolt so I made the tiny bracket to raise em up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R   Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

Fog Lamp/light options for WR250R
Page 1 of 1