Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Three day Mexico trip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
grw800

grw800

Three day Mexico trip Empty
PostSubject: Three day Mexico trip   Three day Mexico trip EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:09 pm

I live just outside Big Bend National Park, and I'm close enough to the border that I can see Mexico out my back door. There is a little town across from the Park in the state of Coahuila called Boquillas Del Carmen. I go there quite often to visit friends. It is a 50 mile drive to the crossing and then you can cross the river--in a rowboat! No bridge, and no vehicle traffic is allowed. For years I've thought it would be fun to ride there. To go by road you have to cross the Rio Grande at Presidio, Texas/Ojinaga, Chihuahua. By road, it is 250 miles to Boquillas, and much of the route is not shown on any map. I zoomed in on the satellite pictures on Google Earth in order to find the route, and made notes on distances, physical features, and towns. This week I made the trip with my friend Dan, and we had a blast! About 160 miles of the trip was on dirt roads, and we had them all to ourselves. In 3 days, not counting the towns, we saw a total of about six other vehicles.

Buying gas from a 5 gallon bucket.
Three day Mexico trip 03810
Back to top Go down

Three day Mexico trip
Page 1 of 1