Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yamalink vs. stock link - hardly any difference?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Yamalink vs. stock link - hardly any difference? Empty
PostSubject: Yamalink vs. stock link - hardly any difference?   Yamalink vs. stock link - hardly any difference? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 2:26 am

Yes, this is another lowering question.  When I look at the two side by side as in the picture below, they look nearly identical in length.

yamalink vs stock linkage

This isn't my picture, but when I lined them up on my workbench that's what I saw.  My question is this:  Does it really make that much of a difference?

Here's why I ask.  I did install the Yamalink, but I also did the lowering of the shock too.  I did not get a 1.5" or 2" difference by doing both.  What I got was almost exactly 1 inch.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the difference, but what I'm wondering is, did I really gain anything from the Yamalink other than a nice zerk fitting to lube the bearings? What am I missing?

dunno
Back to top Go down
TioJose

TioJose

Yamalink vs. stock link - hardly any difference? Empty
PostSubject: Lowering   Yamalink vs. stock link - hardly any difference? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 3:35 am

Removed the shock nut permanent and took the saw cut of 12mm doing both gives 36mm effective.
Thats what i did.
My bike is new to me.
Shock is serviced and reshimd but still using click positions 1, 2, or 3. Standard should be click 12. So next time rebound have to be shimd more heavy.
Preload is std as per manual.
Lowered the front to the max.
I am happy now, my lenght is 173cm and 72kgs clean.
Back to top Go down

Yamalink vs. stock link - hardly any difference?
Page 1 of 1