Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
softjeans

softjeans

Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. Empty
PostSubject: Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.   Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 5:37 am

So I've ordered the quiet insert for my Q4 and i can't get this damn bolt threaded. i can't fit any tools in and my fat fingers can only just get it to turn. This is what I've got and you can see the opening is much smaller than the stock insert which i managed to get out easily. If any of you have this same insert how did you do it? I'm stumped  scratch

Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. 8BQK2zL
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.   Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:25 am

1: Take the insert out and try to thread the bolt in. Is it the right size bolt? Is it the original bolt?

2: You know that the insert you purchased is for the PowerCore4, not the QuietCore4....
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.   Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 3:16 pm

I fought it for a while too but eventually got it. I don't think the holes line up perfectly.
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.   Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 5:26 am

@evol the bolt threads fine without insert. The problem is the hole is too small to get my hands in or any tools. I guess the only thing to do is to keep at it. I was just wondering if I was missing some trick.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.   Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 3:31 pm

I bought two quiet inserts (lost one while riding) for my PC4 and the holes DID NOT line up with the thread on the can. I had to use a drill to open the hole up a little further, only then could I thread the bolt to the pipe. As far as tools are concerned, I threaded it by finger first then used an allen key, which I shortened by chopping the short bit in half with a Dremel. Whatever you do make sure you use the right loctite else you WILL lose the insert, sheeeit I learnt the hard way!!
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.   Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 4:45 pm

beer goggle wrote:
I bought two quiet inserts (lost one while riding) for my PC4 and the holes DID NOT line up with the thread on the can. I had to use a drill to open the hole up a little further, only then could I thread the bolt to the pipe. As far as tools are concerned, I threaded it by finger first then used an allen key, which I shortened by chopping the short bit in half with a Dremel. Whatever you do make sure you use the right loctite else you WILL lose the insert, sheeeit I learnt the hard way!!

Haha that's exactly what I did. Nearly lost a finger using the drill like that! But I'm just glad I got it in. Cheers for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.   Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cant get quiet insert bolt threaded.
Page 1 of 1