Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New from Colorado

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
350Rizzer

350Rizzer

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 12:35 am

Hi. New member here still looking for MY WR to kick off my first dual sport bike. I've been a rider (on the road) for 27 years and came to the conclusion that I am missing a lot of places I can go here in beautiful Colorado.
My search for a DS bike brought me to the WR as it fits almost all my criteria. My main reasons were low maintenance, fuel injection and fairly low weight with a fun to ride factor.

I do have a quick question. How many miles per year is the average for the WRR or WRX?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 5:05 am

350Rizzer wrote:
Hi. New member here still looking for MY WR to kick off my first dual sport bike. I've been a rider (on the road) for 27 years and came to the conclusion that I am missing a lot of places I can go here in beautiful Colorado.
My search for a DS bike brought me to the WR as it fits almost all my criteria. My main reasons were low maintenance, fuel injection and fairly low weight with a fun to ride factor.

I do have a quick question. How many miles per year is the average for the WRR or WRX?

Thanks

I'm on my second wrr now but the first one I put 5000 miles on it on 7 months and the guy 8 sold it to put about the same amount on it before it's first birthday. He still has it and has since put well over 10K miles on it.
Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 5:07 am

Oh yeah, WELCOME to the group!
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 8:24 am

350Rizzer wrote:
How many miles per year is the average for the WRR or WRX?

It's not the bike....It's the rider!!! It really depends on what you want to do. Are you planning to commute with it? Or just weekend rides? ?Are you going to ride to the trails or trailer it there so you're not tired when you get to the trails? etc....
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Welcome to the group!

I'm with Evol. One thing that I've learned since I bought my WRR and started following forums like this is that there's nothing average about how riders are enjoying these bikes. Some are using them for day-today commuting, some for weekend adventure rides, and some for long distance extended trips. And then there are the WRX riders, some of which ride half the time in wheelie mode. Personally I only put about 1800 miles on mine last year. About 90% of those miles were in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
350Rizzer

350Rizzer

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Yea I'm seeing everything from low mileage 08 to very high mileage newer ones. I don't seem to find many to choose from in Colorado but I have extended my search out and hope I am able to get one soon.

Any trouble areas I should be looking at? I know of the stator recall but I've read some having problems with the fuel pump.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
350Rizzer

350Rizzer

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:11 pm

So I found a nice 2008 WRR with 5400miles in Dallas which I promptly picked up about a month ago.
New from Colorado IMG_1623
It's stock and came with a Wolfman saddle rack, rear rack, Wolfman Enduro tank bag, Flatland skid plate, IMS tank, and Acerbis hand guards. So far I put on some MT21 f/r with rim locks, Protaper bar, and added a Wolfman Peak tail bag. I am planning on a RotoPax 1 gal for the left side rack, Wolfman Expedition saddles and DRC taillight to clean up the rear fender. I'll keep the front signals. Ugly but very visible.
New from Colorado IMG_1639
Been riding as much as I can to get used to riding in dirt but the snow keeps getting in the way.
New from Colorado IMG_1654
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Cant wait to get out and blaze trail. Still snowing here in Da U.P.
Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:10 pm

How do you like the wolfman tail bag? waterproof?
Back to top Go down
350Rizzer

350Rizzer

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 9:54 pm

APPLESEED 951 wrote:
How do you like the wolfman tail bag? waterproof?

Large enough (not expanded) for my mid layers, winter gloves, snacks and other crap for the day rides but not waterproof. There is a rain cover for it but its an extra $19. All in all I'm pretty happy with the tail and tank bag (holds my phone, wallet, water, Garmin) from Wolfman and hope to say the same when I get the saddle bags for extended trips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Colorado   New from Colorado Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Colorado
Page 1 of 1