Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gear indicator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
littleblue

Gear indicator Empty
PostSubject: Gear indicator   Gear indicator EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 10:25 am

Has anyone installed a gear indicator on their WR? I have one on my 650DL and like it and feel it would be a great add-on for the WR I have coming. Thanks ahead
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Gear indicator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gear indicator   Gear indicator EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Someone on here did a write up about the 12 o clock lab`s one, seemed to work pretty well.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

Gear indicator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gear indicator   Gear indicator EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 2:18 pm

I have one.  Installation is pretty straightforward, as it clips inline into the factory wiring harness.  It does require an additional tap into an ignition-powered wire.  The 12 O'Clock Labs kit comes with everything you need, including directions.

It requires one-time programming via an auto-learn function.  Basically you have to run the bike through all gears at a fairly steady RPM so it knows how to map RPM to speedometer sensor pulses to display the right gear.  Because it requires input from both speedo and tach it only displays the correct gear when the bike is moving.  When you come to a stop it displays "--".

I find it most useful an occasional reference, usually in the middle gears.  For example: When I'm trail riding and approaching a tight or steep section I want to know what gear I'm in so I can plan ahead to shift through the coming terrain.  It's certainly more of a convenient indulgence rather than a necessity, but it's lightweight and I'm at the point in my life where I can enjoy a few indulgences like this

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=124
Back to top Go down
N8

Gear indicator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gear indicator   Gear indicator EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Only problem I've had with mine so far was the double-sided sticky tape not surviving the gnarly enduro from this past weekend. Installation was easy-peasy and operation has been flawless so far.
Back to top Go down
littleblue

Gear indicator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gear indicator   Gear indicator EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 11:10 am

I have one from Healtech on mt 650DL and love it.  I was wondering anyone used this on the WR.  
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

Gear indicator Empty
PostSubject: PCV Issues   Gear indicator EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 4:42 pm

For those running a Power Commander V, do NOT tap into the orange wire coming from the ECU for the Gear Indicator. If you do, the two devices will conflict and the motor will cut in and out while operating. You need to tap into the hot wire coming directly off the coil.

Don't ask me how I know . . . budah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gear indicator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gear indicator   Gear indicator Empty

Back to top Go down

Gear indicator
Page 1 of 1