Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fun with the Dremel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
greer

Fun with the Dremel Empty
PostSubject: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:26 am

[img:5a41]https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/Fun with the Dremel Airboxdogsonsteps003[/img]

Thanks Krabill and HF.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:36 am

That should put a roar under your seat. :)
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:13 am

I wonder if I could do all that with the piece still mounted on the airbox top? I have a Dremel flexi-shaft...

Is all the cutting/grinding done from the top or do I see a rough edge on the lower right? Maybe get that from the top also?

Let us know how noisy it is.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 am

ramz,

I turned mine this way and that as I was working, but you might have a whirl at it while still on the bike. The picture is not as clear as it should be, but there is nothing left but the back wall. The top is easier to pop off than you might think, and went right back on when I was finished. I don't notice any more intake noise, neither did my husband or a buddy when they rode the bike. I only removed 3/8" from the top edge of the snorkle, maybe that's the reason. I like the Q4 too. It has a very pleasant note compared to stock and none of the three of us consider it loud. We do not like loud pipes.

On the FMF programmer... when you removed it from your bike, did it automatically revert back to its default setting? Seems I read somewhere that if it's unhooked it goes back to default but I can't find that anywhere in the instructions unless I've just missed it. I wasn't sure if I was running your setting or the default. I've done nothing but plug it in and hook it to the battery. Thanks again for all the help.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:32 am

Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:48 am

Quote :
On the FMF programmer...
I wasn't sure if I was running your setting or the default.
It's set to the default values.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Thank you!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Looks good Greer!!

Ramz - It's pretty difficult getting in all of the nooks and crannies involved with dremeling all that out. Even if you could reach around inside there, do you really want all those plastic shavings falling down inside your airbox? I wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun with the Dremel   Fun with the Dremel Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun with the Dremel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: