Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel Pump dying what are my options?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stillwater97

Fuel Pump dying what are my options? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Pump dying what are my options?   Fuel Pump dying what are my options? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:13 pm

So, at 34k miles, the fuel pump is going on my wrr (I think).. surging at speed, sputtering, etc.. I stop the bike for 20 min, and it runs fine for 30-45min..

Do I go oem, or aftermarket? suggestions?

I have basic mechanical skills.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Fuel Pump   Fuel Pump dying what are my options? EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Get a new one off ebay....or two; one for the kit. Replacement is easy peezy. The pump fits inside a poly cage which you can reuse if dis-assembled with care, so you only have to buy the pump ($20).
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump dying what are my options?   Fuel Pump dying what are my options? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Stillwater97 wrote:
So, at 34k miles, the fuel pump is going on my wrr (I think).. surging at speed, sputtering, etc.. I stop the bike for 20 min, and it runs fine for 30-45min..

Do I go oem, or aftermarket? suggestions?

I have basic mechanical skills.

It sounds like you might have a clogged vent tube on your tank. I'd check that first. When it starts acting up, loosen the gas cap and see if it smooths out.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump dying what are my options?   Fuel Pump dying what are my options? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 7:04 pm

I replaced my fuelpump with a oem pump and I am not a great mechanic,It was easy.If you read some old posts,you will see that some of us had problems with our 08 wrr fuelpumps. when my pump acted similar to how yours did, I replaced it so I didn't get stranded in the middle of no where. someone posted a few years ago that there was a factory recall in Japan but not in the US,,,,the dealership looked at me like I was crazy when I asked them about a recall on the pump.. also,,one time I removed the gas tank to replace the sparkplug and when I put the tank back where it gos,,I pinched the fuel hose that gos from the bottom of the tank to the injector.....the bike ran like shit until I removed the tank and repositioned the hose and the bike ran good after that....hope some of this helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump dying what are my options?   Fuel Pump dying what are my options? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel Pump dying what are my options?
Page 1 of 1