Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel mileage

Go down 
+4
rsteiger
motokid
Fiftygrit
littleblue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
littleblue

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:10 am

I am very new to the WR. The PO has a 13/49 sprocket combo and the Acerbis 3+ gallon tank. What is the expected miles per tank I can expect riding in an average style? The bike also came with a 1 gal. Rotopax. I have had lots of bikes but it does seem weird to be without a tachometer, fuel gauge or Gear indicator. I am always "hunting" for that non existent next gear!
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:27 am

I would think around 180 miles per tank, in that range, it all depends on the right hand hahaha
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:01 pm

You can search on "miles per gallon", and some other terms, and discover all kinds of threads on what people are getting.

Figure somewhere in the 50-60 mpg for most people, and you're in the ball park.

Since you have a rotopax just fill everything up, reset your tripometer, and ride until you run out of gas.
Then use your rotopax to get yourself to a gas station.

3 gallon tank = 150-180 miles

(maybe more - maybe less depending on your throttle hand)

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 10:16 am

When I had all my power mods I was getting around 50mpg.

With things back to stock I am getting 55 mpg.

What is interesting is that I get 70 mpg on my CB500X RR3 on the same FS roads that I get 55mpg with the WRR. Granted I am not wringing the neck of the CB500X as hard as the WRR.
Back to top Go down
nsrider

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptyTue May 30, 2017 3:33 pm

My mileage is terrible, about 60 miles to reserve. scratch
Back to top Go down
Ernesto Unionista

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 8:02 pm

I have a bone stock 2010 WRR and it regularly gets 70 MPG. After a recent trip at 80 MPH on the interstate it got 61 MPG. Later, on that same ride, coming out of the dirt roads and into a more residential area (50 MPH tops) it got 75 MPG. This is with 14/49 sprockets. IIRC, Yamaha specs the gas mileage at 71 MPG.
Back to top Go down
Zone48

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 11:36 am

My 08 got a best of 77mpg once. Many other times it was in the mid 70s. That is riding on the streets fairly easy and I did all the mods on the bike along with a FMF powercore 4. Worst was low to mid 60.

Ernesto Unionista likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ernesto Unionista

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 8:04 pm

Gas mileage update: I went for a ride yesterday to check out some gravel roads, then went in a different direction on very small paved roads to check out a historic site. The first tankful netted 80 MPG. This was a fluke, I thought. I filled up again just before returning home and netted 79 MPG. I never got numbers this high before. One change in the bike was that I had removed the small wind screen that I bought for the winter months but ended up leaving it on most of the time. Oh, I also took off the side-bag bracket and just run a small top-box now. I still have a hard time believing these numbers are real.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 9:56 am

Ernesto Unionista wrote:
The first tankful netted 80 MPG. This was a fluke, I thought. I filled up again just before returning home and netted 79 MPG.

Those are pretty common mileage figures for my bone stock 2008 WRR over the last 15 years running 14/49 sprockets.

The riding makes the difference: I'm pretty much always on dry dirt, ambling along as a gravel road tourist. GPS regularly tells me that my average speed for a tour is around 35 - 40 MPH; I'm riding for the eye candy available here in the mountains of the Continental Divide. Riding is about 80/20 dirt/slab is my best guess.

Ernesto Unionista likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel mileage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage   Fuel mileage Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel mileage
Page 1 of 1