Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

LED bulbs work in all the stock lights

Go down 
AuthorMessage
darngood1

darngood1

LED bulbs work in all the stock lights Empty
PostSubject: LED bulbs work in all the stock lights   LED bulbs work in all the stock lights EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi, Ya'all.  In case you had a hankerin' to know, it turns out that you can put LED bulbs in the headlight and the stock turn signals with no problem.  

I've put the well-known Cyclops 3800LMN LED headlight bulb in, which was easy.  It's way way brighter, but a little diffuse regarding the beam pattern.  

The turn signals take a standard halogen 7440 / 7443 bulb.  I looked for 7440 led bulbs and found them cheap on several websites (4 for about $12).  Installed them in the stock housings and no problems.  Now, they do flash quicker than stock due to less ohms, but I elected to leave it that way because I think it's more noticeable.  There's plenty of plug and play resisters to fix the flash rate for $12-$20.  I went to the LED's for 2 reasons: 1) brighter and easier to see in the daytime, and 2) less power draw.

If you're staying with the stock signals, but want LED bulb advantages, the 7440 or 7443 LED bulb replacements will work fine.

LED bulbs work in all the stock lights 779841460_o
Back to top Go down

LED bulbs work in all the stock lights
Page 1 of 1