Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

New to WR and need guidance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
littleblue

PostSubject: New to WR and need guidance   Mon May 02, 2016 2:19 pm

I am new to the WR. I purchased a 2103 WRR from an individual and have had it only a week or so. I have several issues that I need guidance:

1. The PO had a 13/49 sprocket set on it. I changed it today to 14/49. the rear wheel needed to be moved all the way forward in order to get the chain back on. I counted links and it has a 110 on it and the chain says 520 XS01. What do I need to put on it??

2. When in the shop I noticed oil on the front fork tubes. After riding it home there was quite a bit of it running down. I called a local Yamaha dealer and they want $330 labor plus 60.95 in parts. I can wrench and have tools and am wondering this is a repair I should take on my self.

#. the shop guy said my biks is set too "soft". It has a yamaha lowering link. The from fork tubes are raised 3 cm. On the rear shock, there is only 3 threads showing above the top adj. ring.

I am not sure what to do from here with this many issues.. HELP!
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: New to WR and need guidance   Mon May 02, 2016 2:34 pm

1: If you can adjust to correct chainslack, and then chain is fine, theres no need to do anything. If you want to replace it, get a chain with 2 more links.

2: Sure, go ahead. Theres guides on youtube.

3: Theres guides to setting up the suspension aswell. As a baseline, you want 10% static sag, and 30% racesag. Do you need the bike to be lowered?
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: New to WR and need guidance   Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 pm

Make sure to fix the leaky forks right away!  The oil will ruin the brake pads, if it hasn't already.

Last edited by dhally on Wed May 04, 2016 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
littleblue

PostSubject: Re: New to WR and need guidance   Wed May 04, 2016 12:08 am

dhally wrote:
Make sure to fix the leaky forks right away!  The coil will ruin the brake pads, if it hasn't already.

Brakepads are fine. Last night I took a piece of Xray film and removed the dust seats and the little wire clip. After running the film round behind the seals, I pumped the forks repeatedly and wiped oil off. I rode it 90 miles today and it stayed dry as a bone!! Maybe dodged the bullet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to WR and need guidance   

Back to top Go down

New to WR and need guidance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: General Maintenance Discussion-
Jump to: