Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another new WRR owner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dbwentfishin

Another new WRR owner Empty
PostSubject: Another new WRR owner   Another new WRR owner EmptyFri May 06, 2016 1:23 am

So, I started riding street the day I turned 16 I think.  That was in rural PA 1982 on my first bike...a cool lime green/black Honda CB200 street bike.  Wish I still had it.  After that I have had an old Yamaha DT250 enduro, then a Honda CB750, 1978 BMW R100S, and then around 1996 I had a BMW 1100 sport touring bike.  In 98 I had an accident on the bike right after I got married.  As a result, I was left without a bike and with a wife that was opposed to the idea of another bike.  Then came 2 kids and now here I am 18 years since I last rode and for the past year the itch for a bike has resurfaced.  It doesn't help either that I live 5 minutes from Angeles Crest HWY...one of the best roads in the country and also 5 minutes from Pro Italia cycles that deals in Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, and Aprilia.  For years now I'd salivate when driving by and at times I'd stop by and drool over a Moto Guzzi V7.  Despite my wants, it really wasn't a reality though.  My kids are 2 boys 11 and 13 and I value my time with them and the idea of taking off on weekends to go ride the crest instead of being with my family really wasn't going to happen.  That's when a buddy showed up on a sweet 06 KTM dual sport he bought from a friend at work, which got me thinking about going dual sport and getting dirt bikes for the boys.  What a great idea...gets me on 2 wheels again and it's a way to keep a relationship w the kids and get them off friggin video games.  I HATE video games and the attachment that kids have to them.  So, it started with me hitting up a friend and buying his kids' bikes first...a Honda CRF100 and a YamahaTTR125 and just to get them some super simple experience, I picked up a Honda CRF50 they ride around in the back yard.  So after screwing around a bit we headed out with some friends to California City in the Mojave Desert last month with these bikes and had an absolute blast.  That's all it took...one outing and we're all hooked.  It took me no time to start asking about diff bikes and working within a budget to figure I should be looking for a WRR.  I was willing to travel for the right bike, but ends up I found the perfect bike just 5 minutes from our house.  It's already set up for ADV riding and only has 4200 mi on it.  We headed back out to Mojave this past weekend and again had a blast.  My boys are digging it and I am looking forward to years of hanging out with them and exploring.  I'm sure I'll be on here and have questions from time to time but for now I just gotta ride.  Glad I found you guys.

db
Back to top Go down
05cr125r

05cr125r

PostSubject: Re: Another new WRR owner   Another new WRR owner EmptyFri May 06, 2016 9:35 am

awesome stuff man. welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Another new WRR owner   Another new WRR owner EmptyFri May 06, 2016 11:17 am

Welcome, both my kid`s ride, son and daughter, and daughter inlaw, we do have fun. its a family sport for sure.
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Another new WRR owner   Another new WRR owner EmptyFri May 06, 2016 11:40 am

Way to go! I did the same thing with my son 10 years ago. He is now twenty and we ride together all the time. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another new WRR owner   Another new WRR owner Empty

Back to top Go down

Another new WRR owner
Page 1 of 1