Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CRFan1

Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability? Empty
PostSubject: Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability?   Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability? EmptyMon May 16, 2016 9:42 am

So on my 2015, I have a Q4 slip with the stock header and no airbox mods (AIS and exup removed). I think the bike runs great although I do notice a bit of a flat spot at the 1/4 throttle transition until the bike warms up. I am just wondering if I should spend the money on a fuel programmer....does it improve driveability noticeably? Have any of you done it and felt it was not worth it? Right now with gearing and mods I am still getting around 58-60 MPG......how far does a programmer drop the mileage on average?

Just wanting some real world opinions before I splurge on it (of course I would do the flapper mod etc. with it).

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability?   Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability? EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:22 pm

I ride mostly off road so I cant comment on the mpg.

I have a very open air box, fmf programmer, fmf Q4 slip on with stock header and 14-50 gearing.
My neighbor has 2014 wrr with a bone stock motor and 12-43 gearing which is very close to 14-50.
I weigh about 80 pounds more than my neighbor.
We went riding at old mines yesterday doing some hill climbs.
I could stay in second and get up everything I had a small run at, he ran out of power a few times trying to use second and didn't make it up some hills, he had to use first gear places I was in second.

I let him ride my bike around a field and he claimed mines easier to ride because it has a bunch more low end power...
Every time I see someone post A WR250R has more low end power stock than modded I know they didn't do something right when they modded it, I have access to a stock one I know the difference. wink
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability?   Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability? EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks for the info..,,our bikes are almost indentical except I run 13/48. I plan on doing the flapper mod too but only after the programmer so this makes me feel better, hehe.
Back to top Go down
TheGreen1

PostSubject: Re: Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability?   Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability? EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:09 pm

PC5 is tied for the best mod that I have made.  I have stock gearing and the PC5 made 6th gear usable.  I will now run up the gears and stay in 6th. When I first installed my PC5 I keep trying to upshift when I was in 6th because if felt like 5th.

Before the PC5 I was out of power in 5th and only used 6th as an overdrive.

Other mod that I really like is a new seat,  a better/different seat probably doubles the time before I need to get off the bike and walk around.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability?   Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does a fuel programmer (FMF) really improve driveability?
Page 1 of 1