Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

wiring accessories …..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
littleblue

PostSubject: wiring accessories …..   Thu May 19, 2016 11:13 am

I have a 13 WR and want to add several electrical items and don't know the best way to go about it.

Have to add:
Garmin 590 Cradle
oled screen voltmeter (two spade connections on bottom)
USB port

possibly Gipro gear indicator
possibly speedo corrector
possible heated gear connector

I have seen eastern Beaver 3 circuit sealed harness but that will only handle 3

If I want the voltmeter to run only when bike is running, where do I tap into wiring. Was planning on directly to battery but it would stay on all the time.

Thanks
Larry
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: wiring accessories …..   Thu May 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Buy an automotive relay for a couple of bucks, and wire all the accessories through that. Use the rear light or simular to turn on the relay.
That way everything is only "hot" when you have ignition on.

Gearindicator and speedohealer mounts to the original wires/connectors, no further action is needed.
Back to top Go down
littleblue

PostSubject: Re: wiring accessories …..   Thu May 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Buy an automotive relay for a couple of bucks, and wire all the accessories through that. Use the rear light or simular to turn on the relay.
That way everything is only "hot" when you have ignition on.

Gearindicator and speedohealer mounts to the original wires/connectors, no further action is needed.

I have run the wires without butchering the harness.  I was told there was a place to attach wires right beside the battery that simply allows you to utilize an existing relay already installed on the bike.  I was wondering about that.  I have attached a pic url.  Is it the places marked c & D?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bigg

PostSubject: Re: wiring accessories …..   Fri May 20, 2016 2:30 am

Take a look behind your headlight. You should have two connectors there. -> http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t10717-auxillary-power-connectors-at-the-headlight

Not sure if anybody ever managed to find fitting connectors. Even without connectors this would look like the best place if you don't wanna cut into other wires, these are just danglin there with no use anyway, might as well use them thumb
Back to top Go down
darngood1

PostSubject: Re: wiring accessories …..   Fri May 20, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm not capable of advising you on the whole set of solutions you're seeking, but I can tell you that the SpeedoDRD install is a stand-alone install that you don't need to plan for as part of one larger issue.

You just plug that little sucker in-line to one existing connection and done- no battery or relay work involved.  Takes all of 5 minutes.  It won't affect the other stuff you are doing, and is automatically only powered up when the bike is.

Here's a vid from YouTube showing how simple that is.  The dude's finger is pointing at the only connection you need.  Hope this helped at least some...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wiring accessories …..   

Back to top Go down

wiring accessories …..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1