Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wr250r fmf muffler protection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thekeeper

Wr250r fmf muffler protection Empty
PostSubject: Wr250r fmf muffler protection   Wr250r fmf muffler protection EmptyTue May 24, 2016 4:33 pm

As we know when putting an fmf muffler you lose the exhaust plastic cover so basically the muffler is exposed fir damage on drops..

Any possible ways to protect it?

How does you ppl deal with that?
Back to top Go down
05cr125r

05cr125r

PostSubject: Re: Wr250r fmf muffler protection   Wr250r fmf muffler protection EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:55 pm

great question...iv'e gotta a couple nice scratches on the FMF
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Wr250r fmf muffler protection   Wr250r fmf muffler protection EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:24 am

I dropped my bike in a rock pile denting the fmf pipe right on the sticker making it fall off shortly after installing the pipe, it didn't hurt anything else tho so I don't care lol.

I've seen the stock pipe guard installed on a fmf pipe some where on this site, if you do a search it should come up.
They had to make a mount that wraps around the pipe to mount it. This was done to keep the pipe from melting a saddle bag tho not for tip over protection.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Wr250r fmf muffler protection   Wr250r fmf muffler protection EmptyWed May 25, 2016 12:53 pm

You could try something like this R&G Oval Exhaust Protector, or make your own with a large hose clamp and a short piece of high temp hose.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Wr250r fmf muffler protection   Wr250r fmf muffler protection EmptyWed May 25, 2016 2:49 pm

I dealt with it by putting the stock muffler back on...

Actually you can pull the shield from the stock muffler and get some Al channel from Home Depot or Lowes along with some hose clamps and make a mount for the stock shield. I did this when I was running my GSXR1000 Exhaust and riding the COBDR. Main reason I did this was to provide some heat protection so I did not melt my Nomad bag.

Worked well but the channel did leave some marks on the exhaust can so you may want to line the ridge with some high temp silicon. Stuff like this does not bother me so much since I am more of a function over form guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wr250r fmf muffler protection   Wr250r fmf muffler protection Empty

Back to top Go down

Wr250r fmf muffler protection
Page 1 of 1